Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Acer Aspire One 722 Ubuntu 11.04 fixes

Beans

Re: Acer Aspire One 722 Ubuntu 11.04 fixes

Quote Originally Posted by MarvinVzla View Post
    Hello, before anything thank you zzarco I am new in ubuntu so is kind of hard to change my windows mind but I am enjoin it, I found this problem after I wrote in the terminal gedit battery power and the laptop does not wake up from suspend
    (gedit:3412): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.BV241V': No such file or directory

(gedit:3412): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory

Thank you for your help
    Well, I don't know why this warning appeared, but by looking at it, I think it shouldn't be connected witn creating battery and power files. When you type in terminal:
    Code:
    ls -l /usr/lib/jupiter/vendors/Acer/
    do you get something like:
    Code:
    rwxr-xr-x battery
    rwxr-xr-x power
    If yes, that's how it should be. Did you try to close Jupiter, and thes suspend/resume (just to check if Jupiter is the problem, but I doubt that)?
    Did you install AMD's drivers (fglrx)? They don't work with suspend/resume. If yes, uninstall them if you want that functionality.
    Do you maybe have a newer C-60 netbook? If yes, see the posts of C-60 version owners, as some hardware is obviously different (I don't have that one and I'm unable to check fixes on that version).

On a side note, many here mentioned AMD unsupported watermark when running fglrx. I tried both version from repository and current stable from AMD's site (11.8, I think) and I haven't seen this watermark. What version did you install?

Beans

Smile Re: Acer Aspire One 722 Ubuntu 11.04 fixes

Thank you, I found what was the problem, and It was working with the ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver, and as soon I uninstalled everything start to work fine

Beans

Now I found another problem and It is that when I conect the HDMI to my TV to see I just got Picture and no sound, have you find anything like that? I all ready check the audio setup and put in the output the HDMI preference but nothing happens, I would keep cheking out what could be the solution!, thank you for all your help ,

Beans

Well, HDMI is something I didn't test, as I don't have a TV in my home (by choice, I hate the damn thing). You should try to check the thread from where I found about audio fix, maybe someone there could help you.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by zzarko View Post
    On a side note, many here mentioned AMD unsupported watermark when running fglrx. I tried both version from repository and current stable from AMD's site (11.8, I think) and I haven't seen this watermark. What version did you install?
    I got that watermark as well, but I have one of the laptops with a C-60 APU, and from what I can find it just came out in August so that may affect the driver's support for it. Going to try the recently released 11.9 fglrx driver and see how that works though.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by shadowalf View Post
    So, I bought have an Acer Aspire One 722 as well and put Ubuntu 10.04 on it. I have been dealing with some of the problems you listed as well and the one that has really stumped me lately is the headphones problem. I tried the patch you posted but it won't install correctly.

aplay -l outputs:

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 3: ATI HDMI [ATI HDMI]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 1: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: HDA Generic [HDA Generic]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec outputs:

Codec: ATI R6xx HDMI

and I am using kernel version 2.6.32-33-generic

Does anybody know what I could do? The only obvious difference between my problem and the original poster's problem seems to be the distro version. Is there another alsamixer patch for Lucid? Any help would be much appreciated.
    Just follow the instructions which have you updating alsa. In the new versions of ALSA, proper supported has been added for the card in the 722 and it all works perfectly fine. It all works fine for me without tinkering in Kubuntu 11.10, for example.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...1&postcount=26

That has a good sound solution for 11.04. Cheers.

Beans

Hello

I just documented a few tweaks as undervoltage and fan control on Aspire One 522 which should be the same hardware as 722.

Please, document your findings here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne522
    Last edited by casainho; October 5th, 2011 at 04:42 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I installed 11.04. I compiled the wifi drivers and wifi is working now. But I cannot set the proper screen resolution - 1024x600 is the highest I can go! Doesn't matter whether I use Unity or Classic, doesn't matter whether I use the proprietary or open source driver. I'd really appreciate any tips!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elwro View Post
    I installed 11.04. I compiled the wifi drivers and wifi is working now. But I cannot set the proper screen resolution - 1024x600 is the highest I can go! Doesn't matter whether I use Unity or Classic, doesn't matter whether I use the proprietary or open source driver. I'd really appreciate any tips!
    I am sorry to say that probably you just bought the 1024x600 version instead of the 1366x768!! (read here an example)

My first Aspire One 522 was a version from UK and just had 1024x600 and I had to sent it back to shop because they told on shop it was 1280x720. A few days later I bought the version from Spain and I got the 1280x720 version

Could you please tell us the part number of your Acer? you can find it on the paper box.

My part number is: "Acer Aspire ONE 522-C5Dkk LU.SES0D.132"
    Last edited by casainho; October 10th, 2011 at 05:06 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Oh boy. You seem to be 100% correct. I just checked Windows 7, which I dual boot, and it also recognizes 1024x600 as a maximum.

My number is 722-C52kk LU.SFT02.117.

Now I don't even know why I thought it has a bigger resolution, it's not even written on the box.

Thanks for making things clear for me!

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast