Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: MacBookAir4,1 & MacBookAir4,2 (MBA 2011) support

Beans

Re: MacBookAir4,1 & MacBookAir4,2 (MBA 2011) support

Quote Originally Posted by poliva View Post
    I believe this is a problem with the latest xorg-edgers, should work if you remove it:

Code:
    sudo ppa-purge ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa
    Gave that a shot and rebooted but still no go.

Beans

I just did a new clean install of Oneiric Beta 2, after install I installed all the packges I could via Update Manager then rebooted so I'd have the newer kernel. Trackpad works at this stage but obviously no gestures.

After running the script and rebooting, the trackpad is completely non-functional.

I'd love to get this working, but in terms of the trackpad, I have no idea where to start.

EDIT: I re-ran the script after already running it and magically the trackpad now works. I had to go back through some of the config files to delete some of the duplicate text though. However now that I've re-run the script, my desktop seems to be offset. I can get 1440x900 resolution but part of my desktop area is black :/

EDIT2: Apparently the desktop offset is a recently introduced bug. Trackpad works (although no idea why I needed to run the script twice) and fixed my desktop. Hooray.
    Last edited by DigitalDJ; September 30th, 2011 at 09:04 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

"they" already have. things should make it on or before kernel 3.1.0.

i would recommend using the alternate cd. early in this thread i explained the difference. although, i have used both without problems. on other macbooks it can cause serious problems if you dont use the mac alternate.
    Last edited by dfacto; October 2nd, 2011 at 05:21 PM.

Beans

Hey guys, does the SuperDrive work under GNU/Linux, or is it restricted to MacOS X like the previous version? I've read superdrive compatibility was improved to allow the new MacMini to use it for instance, but does that mean non OS X systems can power it enough?

Beans

Hey all, so I followed the instructions from the community wiki. And after I ran the fix-i915.sh script and rebooted, the login screen came up normally at full resolution (yay!). However, when I logged in only the desktop background and mouse appeared (the mouse moved normally).

After about 60 seconds I got an error report that compiz crashed, then about 5 seconds later, an error report that 2d-Unity crashed.

The way I got around this was to select Unity 2d at the login screen (from the dropdown gear icon by your username/password). I guess this prevents Compiz from loading. My desktop and unity panel appear normally now. However, I still get crash reports after 60 sec that compiz and unity-2d have crashed. I don't know why is says unity-2d crashed, because the unity panel still works fine.

Anyway, for people who are stuck at the blank desktop background, use the 2d unity option at the login screen (you can select it from the dropdown on the gear icon by your username/password).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

The superdrive works; you need to plug it in and restart. No plug-and-play as far as I know. *shrugs*

Compiz still gives me hiccups on a regular basis. I use this script to restart it (which works from a TTY, ie, ctrl-alt-F1)

http://almostsure.com/mba42/kick-unity

Beans

So I have a USB mouse I'd like to use with the mackbook air 4,2. However, the scroll wheel on the mouse is reversed, just like the trackpad. I'm assuming that is because the dotXmodmap config in post-install-oneiric.sh changed the pointer settings.

Is there any way to have normal scrolling for the external mouse, but reversed scrolling for the trackpad?

Beans

Hi there,
    may I ask about experiences with battery life when running ubuntu?
    Best,
    DrSchiwago

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DrSchiwago View Post
    may I ask about experiences with battery life when running ubuntu?
    In my case it last between 3 to 6 hours depending on usage, I'd say around 5 hours if you just do normal browsing + email activity (no flash, video playback, compiling, etc...).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by diafygi View Post
    when I logged in only the desktop background and mouse appeared (the mouse moved normally).

The way I got around this was to select Unity 2d at the login screen (from the dropdown gear icon by your username/password).
    I got into that issue and unity-2d works, thanks!

Anyone knows a fix for low sound?
    (volume is already max and nothing muted in alsamixer).
    My alsa conf is:
    options snd-hda-intel model=mba32

Thanks!

Edit: headphones works as expected.
    Last edited by Murphy2712; October 9th, 2011 at 07:58 PM.

Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast