Thread: Fallout New Vegas No In Game Sound

Beans

Fallout New Vegas No In Game Sound

Okay, so i got fallout new vegas installed on wine 1.3.24 and it sort of runs fine, how ever once ive started new game/continue game i lose the sound.
    i did manage once to have ALL the sound, i then quit game and rebooted my computer and lost the 'In game sound' again.
    I believe i got the sound working whilst faffing on in wine.cfg > Libraries > winegstreamer > disabled, and a mix of Audio ALSA and JACK.
    However i have read something on some one saying that they got it to work but they needed Jack2d program and i can't seem to find a download anywhere.
    Im just wonder if anyone can help me. im running ubuntu 10.04 if it makes a difference ;P.

and those screen shots are my wine.cfg

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Fallout New Vegas No In Game Sound

Try setting 'direct sound' to 'emulation' in the wine configuration widget.

Beans

Great thanks! got sound no lag runs fine.. Except...
    I just ran a whole new game..
    Doc' Mitchells house worked so well, so and everything no having to tap escape etc [previous problem i've had] it crashed when i exited the house, loaded back up and left and it worked, then about 20-30mins of playing it crashed again and i had to re insert ram.. any idea of fixing this ^^? thanks
    Last edited by M1ttenz11; July 23rd, 2011 at 05:28 PM.

Beans

Think ive fixed it. Emulator for the sound! works fine.
    and then run the NVLauncher.exe dont click play, but then open FalloutNV.exe

>FalloutNVLauncher.exe
    >FalloutNV.exe

works with sound no lag. played for about 2hours game crashed, loaded it back up and worked fine!
    this may be problem solved so i will close this tomorrow morning if i have no further problems other than this minor crash.

also before I forget, adding the d3d9dll to your fallout folder might help. just extract the .rar, copy and paste file to your fallout new vegas folder in C:/programme files/ Bethesda Games/Fallout new vegas folder hope this helps. You can get the d3d9dll from here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SBKTSC88 I uploaded this myself and its virus free check the screen shots.

Regards to Jacksaff for directing me to emulator sound in wine.cfg
    for in game sound.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by M1ttenz11; July 26th, 2011 at 09:51 PM.