Thread: No signal to monitor

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

No signal to monitor

I am running 11.04 on a new Gateway with 8 gigs of ram. It is a solo installation. The monitor is connected via an HDMI cable. Everything was great (installation running smoothly for over a month) until last night. I just installed a netgear router and was setting it up with the system to try to get Stanza on my IPAD to connect to Calibre. Anyway, i suffered a severe freeze up warranting a hard boot. I could see the drive working, ancillary drives lit up, keyboard lit up so I know the system is working. The monitor did not come on, It shows a yellow light indication no signal. It is a 28" Hansspree. I tested the monitor by hooking it to a laptop. The monitor is fine. I cannot see anything on the screen so I can't boot to repair mode or use a CD. There is no signal. Any idea what I can do or how I can recover?
    Acknud

Feisty 7.04, AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 512meg DDR 400, GeForce4 MX 4000 128MB PCI Video Card, 80 gig Maxtor drive, 2wire ethernet adapter, Maxtor 320 gig USB Drive

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: No signal to monitor

I have it partially fixed. I am up and running using a VGA cable to connect it. I guess a setting got switched somewhere on the hard boot. I'm just not using the HDMI port.
    Acknud

Feisty 7.04, AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 512meg DDR 400, GeForce4 MX 4000 128MB PCI Video Card, 80 gig Maxtor drive, 2wire ethernet adapter, Maxtor 320 gig USB Drive