Thread: Power loss and Super Hybrid Engine

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Power loss and Super Hybrid Engine

I have an Asus Eee PC 1001px, which boasts 9 hours of battery life with the Super Hybrid Engine. With Ubuntu however, I can get at most 2 1/2 - 3 hours, depending on the phases of the moon and whether David Tennant ate mushrooms on the most recent Tuesday. Seriously though, I can only get about a third the battery life, while Windows I could get usually around 8 hours. Is there a way to take advantage of the SHE in Ubuntu? I am using Xubuntu Natty, if that helps.

Re: Power loss and Super Hybrid Engine

There was a program called Jupiter that could change the 'performance modes'; I don't think it works anymore, in 11.04.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Zoro View Post
    I have an Asus Eee PC 1001px, which boasts 9 hours of battery life with the Super Hybrid Engine. With Ubuntu however, I can get at most 2 1/2 - 3 hours, depending on the phases of the moon and whether David Tennant ate mushrooms on the most recent Tuesday. Seriously though, I can only get about a third the battery life, while Windows I could get usually around 8 hours. Is there a way to take advantage of the SHE in Ubuntu? I am using Xubuntu Natty, if that helps.
    The webupd8 team builds and supports my Jupiter applet on Ubuntu, make sure you install both Jupiter and the Eee PC support package.

https://launchpad.net/~nilarimogard/+archive/webupd8
    [ Fuduntu.org ] - [ Fuduntu Forum ] - [ Fuduntu Blog ] - [ Fuduntu Wiki ]

For a classic desktop with the latest apps, get Fuduntu!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

thanks, I found it and seems to be working. Not quite what I can get with Windows, but still a VAST improvement, thank you very much