Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I change the default program that Chrome uses to open certain files?

Beans

How do I change the default program that Chrome uses to open certain files?

Hello guys.
    I like using google chrome, and I think it's great.
    But I can't use it to open filetypes with my default software.
    By default I have chosen torrents to be opened with ktorrent, but google chrome says "the location is not a folder" or something like that when the download is done and I open it inside google chrome. How do I fix this?

Beans

Re: How do I change the default program that Chrome uses to open certain files?

Quote Originally Posted by colobix View Post
    Hello guys.
    I like using google chrome, and I think it's great.
    But I can't use it to open filetypes with my default software.
    By default I have chosen torrents to be opened with ktorrent, but google chrome says "the location is not a folder" or something like that when the download is done and I open it inside google chrome. How do I fix this?

try to download torrent file than open ktorrent than open the torrent file with ktorrent. it should work for you...!

Beans

As I said, yes that works.
    But I can't get google chrome to open torrents with ktorrent.

Beans

Bump.
    Isn't there any way I can fix this?

Beans

bump

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Where in the file system are you saving downloads to? As far as I know, Chrome should respect mimeapps.list

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oldos2er View Post
    Where in the file system are you saving downloads to? As far as I know, Chrome should respect mimeapps.list
    I save them in my local "downloads" folder

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Are you using Gnome? According to this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1729680 you may need to remove exo-utils.

Beans

Yesss. That worked
    Thank you so much. I wonder why they install things that make things not work.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Glad that worked for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast