Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 16 "Anonymous" hackers arrested

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: 16 "Anonymous" hackers arrested

Quote Originally Posted by NightwishFan View Post
    Nope. Not very nice thing to say.
    WHy not? Recognizing demographic trends and attraction habits is a perfectly valid scientific observation. He doesn't think she's hot? What's 'mean' about having an opinion. It's not his fault half of society is so egotistically fragile that half their self worth lays in someone else's eyes.
    Desktop: PhenomIIX3@2.8Ghz CM HyperN520 ASROCK MS3770DE 2x2Gb Crucial @ 1333/6CL 3540HD PCIE 2x2TB HITACHI Lucid 64
    Latop: Acer 5253-BZ602 E-350 1.6Ghz Dual Core Fusion APU Intel 320 40Gb SSD 2x2GB Gskill 1066/6CL 11.04 64 bit dm-crypt LVM

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxfox93 View Post
    WHy not? Recognizing demographic trends and attraction habits is a perfectly valid scientific observation. He doesn't think she's hot? What's 'mean' about having an opinion. It's not his fault half of society is so egotistically fragile that half their self worth lays in someone else's eyes.
    I am pretty sure that is not what I was saying.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin2128 View Post
    Still annoyed that they're still being called hackers. They're script kiddies! Being called a hacker is too much a compliment for these people.
    Agreed.
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU
    Photo Blog on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/ExodistPhotoBlog
    Linux User: 380654

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by NightwishFan View Post
    I am pretty sure that is not what I was saying.
    I know. I hijakced it.
    Desktop: PhenomIIX3@2.8Ghz CM HyperN520 ASROCK MS3770DE 2x2Gb Crucial @ 1333/6CL 3540HD PCIE 2x2TB HITACHI Lucid 64
    Latop: Acer 5253-BZ602 E-350 1.6Ghz Dual Core Fusion APU Intel 320 40Gb SSD 2x2GB Gskill 1066/6CL 11.04 64 bit dm-crypt LVM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by SoFl W View Post
    If you want to know what one of them looks like, then her picture is here.
    Blank page for me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

The program they use to hack is open source. That is bad news.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Why? Software is software is software. That it's open source is irrelevant as it's either a program written by a real hacker in a language that the SKs won't understand (read: anything besides java-like or VB) or it's written by one of them in visual basic or a java like language and it's so poorly done that the source code's not helping anyone. Too lazy to google LOIC, so meh.
    I had to do it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Why? Software is software is software. That it's open source is irrelevant as it's either a program written by a real hacker in a language that the SKs won't understand (read: anything besides java-like or VB) or it's written by one of them in visual basic or a java like language and it's so poorly done that the source code's not helping anyone. Too lazy to google LOIC, so meh.
    Exactly.
    “Flow with whatever may happen, and let your mind be free: Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.”
    ― Zhuangzi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

LOIC? bahahahahahahaha.

That thing is so poorly programmed you can tell a LOIC attack from 50 miles off. I would be ashamed to have that kind of code in the public domain.
    The above post definitely does not contain any sarcasm at all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

What's even worse is that the core of the program was originally meant for a legitimate purpose, and Anonymous took that and modified it to become a weapon.

I hope it teaches these fools a lesson: What they're doing IS illegal, and they WILL be caught.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast