Thread: Ubuntu Server Boot problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ubuntu Server Boot problem

Hi guys,

I have an old computer (Pentium 4) without a monitor. To make the most of it I installed Ubuntu server on it and have been using it for almost a year. A couple of months ago I don't really recall what I did but since then it doesn't start-up unless a monitor was plugged in.

I've tried pinging it but it doesn't respond when no monitor is plugged in. meaning it's not even booting correctly.

I'd like to know what the problem is and how to fix it. And I'd really appreciate any help in diagnosing the problem. I just don't know where to start
    "I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, save me... Superman!" - Homer Simpson
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu Server Boot problem

Do you recall changing anything in the bios?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

By default there is no screen attached to the PC so I'm sure I haven't accessed the BIOS since forever.
    "I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, save me... Superman!" - Homer Simpson
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

hmmm.. interesting

The computer was running (with a monitor plugged in) then I powered off, removed the monitor and powered back on... It's working fine now

A miracle in July, that's off season but I'll take it...

Sorry for the disturbance everyone
    My Blog