Thread: Asus 1201N no HDMI output?

Beans

Asus 1201N no HDMI output?

Hi,

I managed to get most things to work on my Asus 1201N for 11.04. Although the sounds remains really poor, both output and mic input. And I cannot use Google chat...

Now I discovered that the HDMI output port doesn't send any signal to the hdmi tv or monitor...

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
    Bob
    ps. I find 11.04 a disappointment compared to 10.04 for use on a laptop that is for comms and video viewing (skype,chat, etc.)...

Beans

Re: Asus 1201N no HDMI output?

I have an Asus 1015pn, and it will not establish an HDMI connection unless the TV is powered on before the laptop, and that the TV is already set to HDMI before powering on the laptop.

See if that's the case with yours!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

As for Google Chat, see if the solution I found for Skype works solves this problem as well.

Beans

Thanks for all those tips!

@SeijiSensei : I tried that and got it to work for skype, but now it stopped working. I find that Google chat resets the mic volumes to "both" thus screwing it all up...

@altoiddealer : That is not the case with mine. I can see the tv but I can't get anything to display on it except the background...

Thanks!
    Bob

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gratefulfrog View Post
    I can see the tv but I can't get anything to display on it except the background...
    Try going into your nVidia display settings and toggle some of the output settings and see if it changes. For mine to work correctly I had to choose my TV as the external monitor, and output as "clone". Also had to mess with the resolution settings to make it stretch correctly.