Thread: adobe flash player installation

Beans

adobe flash player installation

Hi! I just installed ubuntu and updated firefox to v5 now im trying to install flash player for firefox...

at the adobe flash site i click on download and the 'launch application' pop-up appears. it has two choices, 1)apturl and 2) choose application... when i choose apturl nothing seems to happen... and i dont know which application to choose if i use the second choice...

please help!

thanks in advance!

Beans

Lightbulb Re: adobe flash player installation

I think one of the choices will let you download a .deb file. Download it and then use:

dpkg -i <full path and filename of the .deb file>

Tim
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: adobe flash player installation

Quote Originally Posted by nadsjinx View Post
    Hi! I just installed ubuntu and updated firefox to v5 now im trying to install flash player for firefox...

at the adobe flash site i click on download and the 'launch application' pop-up appears. it has two choices, 1)apturl and 2) choose application... when i choose apturl nothing seems to happen... and i dont know which application to choose if i use the second choice...

please help!

thanks in advance!
    open the ubuntu software center and type flash in the search box, it'll show the flash packages available to install (flashplugin-installer)
    the apturl link is the correct choice to choose in the adobe flash website, apturl will lead you to install flash from software center too.
    you may need to update packages before using software center, type in terminal
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

search for flash in software center or install ubuntu restricted extras from the software centre.They have other things also like mp3 codecs.SO installing it would be better
    Drop box is a great solution for cloud storage.
    Use this link to get 250 mb more space than the usual 2 gb

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Even easier and more likely to overcome any problems with conflicting packages is to get the flash aid add-on for firefox. The flash plugin installed by this will also work out of the box in other browsers, eg chromium.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...don/flash-aid/

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    Even easier and more likely to overcome any problems with conflicting packages is to get the flash aid add-on for firefox. The flash plugin installed by this will also work out of the box in other browsers, eg chromium.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...don/flash-aid/
    +1 to flash-aid. But I think it will work for all browsers except chromium since as far as I know chromium comes with its own embedded flash, unlike other browsers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by beew View Post
    +1 to flash-aid. But I think it will work for all browsers except chromium since as far as I know chromium comes with its own embedded flash, unlike other browsers.
    It works for Chromium. It doesn't work for Chrome 32bit only, unless you disable the built in flash in about:plugins. Chrome detects the flash plugin from the system as well.