Spotify works fine under wine in 11.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Barn35 View Post
    Spotify works fine under wine in 11.04
    Thanks for providing the info...

I am waiting for a Linux version which could be available to all (right now only premium user can use it on linux)
    My blogs...

Computer Tips and Tricks: http://www.computerandyou.net/
    Open Source Blog: http://itsfoss.com/

Beans

I'm using free right now, but definitely going premium. So much better than pandora or slacker. I prefer making playlists to randomizing and having to skip songs all the time.

Beans

Go premium. Linux version of Spotify works great. It is a preview version but I have had no issues with it.
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf, Mate 1.12.1
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus, Mate 1.12.1
    Ubuntu. Faster, smoother, more beautiful...

Beans

I'm having issues installing the linux version. Every time I try I get a message that says that action would require installation of non authenticated packages. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by stangdaman View Post
    I'm having issues installing the linux version. Every time I try I get a message that says that action would require installation of non authenticated packages. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
    well the solution would be to authenticate the packages

in the instructions did you add their public key?
    Code:
    sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 4E9CFF4E

Beans

No, I was lazy and just added the repository to the software center and didn't bother reading instructions.

I have it installed now but I'm getting a message that says use of this device is not enabled for this account. Is the linux version only available for the pay accounts?

Sorry, I missed the OP. I'm on a roll today.
    Last edited by stangdaman; August 3rd, 2011 at 02:51 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by stangdaman View Post
    No, I was lazy and just added the repository to the software center and didn't bother reading instructions.

I have it installed now but I'm getting a message that says use of this device is not enabled for this account. Is the linux version only available for the pay accounts?
    yea. you can run the windows version under wine pretty well though if you want to use the free version. they had problems delivering drm and adverts in a linux native client, so the linux client is pay only.

Beans

I have it running in Wine now. You're right it is running fine. It would be nice not to have to do that though. Hopefully they'll get that fixed soon. I read on the Spotify forum that it was because the advertisements weren't working on the Linux version. I don't know why that would be but this is fine for now.

Beans

This was running great in Wine for a really long time but lately every time I try to start up I get a crash report message with the option to send crash report or skip it. If I send it Spotify always closes itself out. If I try to skip it sometimes it does the same thing but usually after a few tries it will allow me to run it. Even than though it will randomly crash. I don't know what changed that is causing to crash so much. Is anyone else having these issues?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast