Thread: How can i get full screen on secondary monitor?

Beans

How can i get full screen on secondary monitor?

I am trying to run flash video on my secondary monitor IE my 32" lcd tv which I have hooked up via DVI. my problem is when I bring the window over to the secondary monitor, which I would like to watch whatever on while browsing, and try to put it in full screen it defaults to the primary monitor which is my laptop. can anyone tell me how to change the defualt full screen to the secondary monitor and not the primary?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: How can i get full screen on secondary monitor?

If you go to:

System -> Preferences -> Monitors

you should be able to select the secondary monitor then hit the default button and make the secondary default/primary.

The problem you are having isn't Ubuntu, but Adobe/Flash. It is far from being perfect and therefore, isn't really programmed to comply with dual screens. I've had to run a hack/fix in order to get the full screen to stay full screen on my second monitor whenever I clicked on something on the primary. Otherwise, it would go back to small screen mode, which is annoying.

Anyhow, hope this helps resolve your problem.

-Cybie

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bugzy3188 View Post
    I am trying to run flash video on my secondary monitor IE my 32" lcd tv which I have hooked up via DVI. my problem is when I bring the window over to the secondary monitor, which I would like to watch whatever on while browsing, and try to put it in full screen it defaults to the primary monitor which is my laptop. can anyone tell me how to change the defualt full screen to the secondary monitor and not the primary?
    Here's a solution that worked for me:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11116433
    I hope it helps

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.