Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Laptop fan will not stop running

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Laptop fan will not stop running

To use an updated dsdt file in Linux you will have to compile it into the kernel. I do it with my Acer Aspire 6930G. If you mess up you can always just boot into your previous kernel.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xyzzyman View Post
    To use an updated dsdt file in Linux you will have to compile it into the kernel. I do it with my Acer Aspire 6930G. If you mess up you can always just boot into your previous kernel.
    Do you think modifying it like this will work for what I'm trying to do? Also, do you have a tutorial on how I can go about doing it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I don't know. dv6's and dv7's are very wide model series with hundreds of different laptops. within each series they came with amd and intel CPU's, ati and nvidia and intel graphics. So unless knowing if it's actually a DSDT issue on that specific model there's no way for me to know. To find tutorials on how to modify DSDT you're going to want to look into hackintosh, as that's where most data on modifying DSDT's is geared towards.

Beans

I have an opposite question: I have Backtrack 5 on Toshiba and I need to run my fans for 100% all the time with no stop.
    Do you know how to set them to be on all the time?
    Thank you!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234