Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gettting lightspark working in 10.04 PPC...

Beans

Gettting lightspark working in 10.04 PPC...

Well, I am very close, but have hit a brick wall, here. What I would really like is to change the older libxml++-2.6 packages shown as installed in synaptic to the 2.33.1 versions this compile requires...There are other errors, but i think they all stem from having the older package...if not, I'll just take this one step at a time. if the newer packages are out of the question (I am running the 10.04 PPC on an iBook G4, with a freshly updated kernal...just this morning as a matter of fact), I will need to backport those listed commits shown in the lightspark readme file. I have NEVER backported commits, and really have no clue what it even means...lol. A litte help..? I can almost TASTE Youtube working in firefox on this thing...!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wolfie Lee; July 20th, 2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: forgot the screenie!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Gettting lightspark working in 10.04 PPC...

This guy just changed the requirements in the source:
    http://www.lduros.net/posts/lightspa...inux-trisquel/

Apparentely it worked...

You can of course also try to backport libxml++2.6 from Natty into 10.04...
    https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+....33.1-1ubuntu1

Let us know how that goes...If you get it working, I could also try it out myself for MintPPC...
    Linux on your Apple Mac │ iLinux
    http://mac.linux.be
    http://www.mintppc.org

Beans

I'm having a hard time understanding which file in the package needs changed, here, and could not even open some of the files to look at / edit them, if need be. I just have NO experience in backporting, and would need a complete NOOB tutorial on how to do that, so the link to the Natty download really does me no good at all, right now. I apologize for taking so long, I was on my Honeymoon when I posted and the OTHER Hotel we stayed at charged for Internet service, and I was not going to pay for that. I will see about using Ultimate edition to open the other files I could not access in 10.04, and hopefully, that will allow me to find the proper line 156 to change. I am at my sisters computer for today only, using Her Internet, and may not have web access for a while again, after today, but I will keep posting as I can with this one...HOPEFULLY using the Ultimate Edition will get this done TODAY, and I can post a SOLVED!

...More to come...

Thanks for the input!
    Last edited by Wolfie Lee; July 20th, 2011 at 11:55 AM.

Beans

UPDATE:

It's not good... I got the LINE 155 (NOT! line 156, as stated in the loїc duros thread that you gave the link for, linuxopjemac) changed in the proper file, which is "CMakeLists.txt". I also made sure to use synaptic to install the other dependencies mentioned there (libboost-dev, and libjpeg-dev)...then i THOUGHT everything was fine, as the build DID finally end with message "Build files have been written to: /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/objs". THEN I tried to do the make and install...no such luck. I have posted the entire output of the attempt to see if ANYONE might be able to help out with this project, but I am losing faith I will ever get flash working on this thing.

I was NOT able to find the plugin file mentioned to add the line given (having to do with installing the lighspark plugin system-wide) near the end of the post, and need help, there, as well (MAYBE that is the only thing I need?).

Notice toward the end of the make -install the backends mentioned (the GDK keys q,p,m,and c), as I am thinking maybe just changing the line 155 in the "CMakeLists.txt" file really did not change lighsparks dependency from the v 2.33.1 of libxml to "any version on hand" as I am assuming it was supposed to do...? If not, Can anyone give specific steps to go about implementing those backports, PLEASE?

This is the output:

scott@scott-laptop:~$ cd lightspark-0.5.0~rc1
    scott@scott-laptop:~/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1$ cd objs
    scott@scott-laptop:~/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/objs$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
    -- Found gnash path: /usr/bin/gnash
    -- Found assembler: /usr/bin/nasm
    -- LLVM llvm-config found at: /usr/bin/llvm-config
    -- LLVM version: 2.7
    -- LLVM CXX flags: -DNDEBUG -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -g -fno-exceptions -fPIC -Woverloaded-virtual
    -- LLVM LD flags: -L/usr/lib/llvm/lib -lpthread -lffi -ldl -lm
    -- LLVM core libs: -lLLVMLinker-lLLVMArchive-lLLVMBitWriter-lLLVMBitReader-lLLVMInstrumentation-lLLVMipo-lLLVMTransformUtils-lLLVMipa-lLLVMAnalysis-lLLVMTarget-lLLVMMC-lLLVMCore-lLLVMSupport-lLLVMSystem-L/usr/lib/llvm/lib
    -- LLVM JIT libs: -lLLVMPowerPCCodeGen-lLLVMSelectionDAG-lLLVMPowerPCAsmPrinter-lLLVMAsmPrinter-lLLVMPowerPCInfo-lLLVMJIT-lLLVMExecutionEngine-lLLVMCodeGen-lLLVMScalarOpts-lLLVMInstCombine-lLLVMTransformUtils-lLLVMipa-lLLVMAnalysis-lLLVMTarget-lLLVMMC-lLLVMCore-lLLVMSupport-lLLVMSystem-L/usr/lib/llvm/lib
    -- LLVM JIT objs:
    -- Found LLVM: /usr/include
    -- Configuring done
    -- Generating done
    -- Build files have been written to: /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/objs
    scott@scott-laptop:~/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/objs$ make
    Scanning dependencies of target translations
    [ 0%] Generating pl.gmo
    [ 0%] Generating fr.gmo
    [ 0%] Generating zh_CN.gmo
    [ 4%] Built target translations
    Scanning dependencies of target spark
    [ 6%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/asobject.cpp.o
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/asobject.cpp: In member function ‘void lightspark::variables_map::dumpVariables()’:
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/asobject.cpp:723: warning: ‘kind’ may be used uninitialized in this function
    [ 7%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/compat.cpp.o
    [ 9%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/logger.cpp.o
    [ 10%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/swf.cpp.o
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/swf.cpp: In member function ‘void lightspark::SystemState::createEngines()’:
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/swf.cpp:621: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int pipe(int*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
    [ 12%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/swftypes.cpp.o
    [ 13%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/thread_pool.cpp.o
    [ 15%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/threading.cpp.o
    [ 16%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/timer.cpp.o
    [ 18%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/backends/audio.cpp.o
    [ 20%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/backends/builtindecoder.cpp.o
    [ 21%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/backends/config.cpp.o
    [ 23%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/backends/decoder.cpp.o
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/backends/decoder.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool lightspark::FFMpegStreamDecoder::decodeNextFrame() ’:
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/backends/decoder.cpp:697: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
    [ 24%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/backends/extscriptobject.cpp.o
    [ 26%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/backends/geometry.cpp.o
    [ 27%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/backends/glmatrices.cpp.o
    [ 29%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/backends/graphics.cpp.o
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/backends/graphics.cpp: In static member function ‘static cairo_pattern_t* lightspark::CairoTokenRenderer::FILLSTYLEToCairo(c onst lightspark::FILLSTYLE&, double)’:
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/backends/graphics.cpp:507: warning: unused variable ‘st’
    [ 30%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/backends/image.cpp.o
    [ 32%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/backends/input.cpp.o
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/backends/input.cpp: In static member function ‘static gboolean lightspark::InputThread::worker(GtkWidget*, GdkEvent*, lightspark::InputThread*)’:
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/backends/input.cpp:75: error: ‘GDK_KEY_q’ was not declared in this scope
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/backends/input.cpp:82: error: ‘GDK_KEY_p’ was not declared in this scope
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/backends/input.cpp:85: error: ‘GDK_KEY_m’ was not declared in this scope
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/backends/input.cpp:94: error: ‘GDK_KEY_c’ was not declared in this scope
    make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/backends/input.cpp.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    scott@scott-laptop:~/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/objs$ sudo make install
    [sudo] password for scott:
    [ 4%] Built target translations
    [ 6%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/backends/input.cpp.o
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/backends/input.cpp: In static member function ‘static gboolean lightspark::InputThread::worker(GtkWidget*, GdkEvent*, lightspark::InputThread*)’:
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/backends/input.cpp:75: error: ‘GDK_KEY_q’ was not declared in this scope
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/backends/input.cpp:82: error: ‘GDK_KEY_p’ was not declared in this scope
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/backends/input.cpp:85: error: ‘GDK_KEY_m’ was not declared in this scope
    /home/scott/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/src/backends/input.cpp:94: error: ‘GDK_KEY_c’ was not declared in this scope
    make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/backends/input.cpp.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/spark.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    scott@scott-laptop:~/lightspark-0.5.0~rc1/objs$
    Last edited by Wolfie Lee; July 20th, 2011 at 04:03 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I can't really help you as I work with Debian systems, not with Ubuntu.

Beans

Well, thanks just the same, I got a lot further down the road than I would have on my own...I hope someone else can help out from here, and I just got done downloading the 10.10 PPC ISO and will give that a spin, next, I guess, if I can't get this one playing flash content. I'll give it a few more days in the posts to see if someone can show me where I've gone wrong, and / or let me know how to backport those commits...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I am very busy lately with my own project, MintPPC. I am working on a completely new version, based on Linux Mint 11 LXDE and Debian Wheezy. This time I try to achieve an iso based installer and a very similar multimedia codec base. At some point I will hit flash and I will also try to port Lightspark into the project. We'll see.

Beans

Well, I am still hoping someone else can help, here....?

Again, thanks for the info, as it did help a lot compared to what I had done on my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I think you have to backport that libxml++-2.6 package.
    Use pbuilder to do that:
    http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/sof...ilder-doc.html

the source is here:
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/natty/libxml++2.6

Shouldn't be too difficult...

Beans

LOL!!!

Not too difficult for YOU, maybe, my friend...but for ME...?It is ALL greek...even what I have read in the documentation ASSUMES, imo, that I can program and have done those sorts of things on a regular basis.

Thanks for trying, but I truly need STEP - BY - STEP instructions in using pbuilder to get the backporting done for me. I am in the dark, here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast