xmonad - keybindings without mod
recently added xmonad and seems pretty fun!
was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to add keybindings that don't start with the modmask key....
reason needed is that i want to have the win key to be the modmask and then need shift+alt to switch between two languages.
So far I've "hacked" it by writing a script that switches between the two languages whenever it runs, and I've bound that to modmask + shift however this causes problems whenever I press modmask + shift for other shortcuts...
Also, how do you make keybindings work for different languages.. effectively what I need is identify each key as a key rather than as a character.
Re: xmonad - keybindings without mod
so... figured a couple of things out
1) the mask keys are:
- modMask (which I've defined)
- ShiftMask (for the shift keys)
- mod1Mask (for the left alt key)
- mod4Mask (for the win key)
so you can use any of the above for the operation desired...
2) greek character keys can be found with one of the two ways:
- Use this table and enter hex code for it, haven't figured out how to import it yet...:
- type xev in a terminal, activate the new window, type the greek key of choice and see what hex code corresponds to it.
- probably easier way that I don't know of...