Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wireless died on Starling netbok

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Wireless died on Starling netbok

Quote Originally Posted by bstudent View Post
    Hi,

I am thinking about buying a Starling within the next few days, but this thread has got me worried. I'm completely new to linux, so I would be quite lost trying to fix this. And I'm really not going to have time to figure out how to fix something major on day one. So my question is...

Will system76 install the most recent updates to ubuntu 11.04 before shipping? And if so, will they check everything out to make sure that it is all working before shipping? (In particular, this problem) It seems like there's a good chance that this issue is going to happen, so I would much rather it be checked and/or solved on my netbook before it gets shipped. Finally, if updating and checking is not part of the company's normal routine, can I make a special request that this be done for my order?

Hopefully this message doesn't sound too critical. This seems like a nice company, and I'm really excited about the Starling and about switching to linux. I just want my netbook to work when I get it.

Thanks,
    wdb
    Potential Customer
    As I previously said in this thread. I would have bought a more powerful computer. The atom processor just didn't cut it for me. But I would definitely go with System 76. GREAT COMPANY! They really are helpful and this forum is great too!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bstudent View Post
    Hi,

I am thinking about buying a Starling within the next few days, but this thread has got me worried. I'm completely new to linux, so I would be quite lost trying to fix this. And I'm really not going to have time to figure out how to fix something major on day one. So my question is...

Will system76 install the most recent updates to ubuntu 11.04 before shipping? And if so, will they check everything out to make sure that it is all working before shipping? (In particular, this problem) It seems like there's a good chance that this issue is going to happen, so I would much rather it be checked and/or solved on my netbook before it gets shipped. Finally, if updating and checking is not part of the company's normal routine, can I make a special request that this be done for my order?

Hopefully this message doesn't sound too critical. This seems like a nice company, and I'm really excited about the Starling and about switching to linux. I just want my netbook to work when I get it.

Thanks,
    wdb
    Potential Customer

Thanks for the response neal. I've heard and read a lot of good things about this company. I'm planning to place my order today if I can get my question answered.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The system will ship up to date as of the time of manufacture. There may be a few more updates once the system arrives, though.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

Sounds good. Order placed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123