Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How do you run japanese games in linux

Quote Originally Posted by TheManno1 View Post
    Is there any package.
    what?
    Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.

Beans

You know a deb or ppa.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

What is Japanese games? I'm not sure I quite get it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Are you talking about somthing like the old console mods that would let you play Japanese minted disks/cartridges? The only think like that I know of for PC games is DVD Region Coding. if region codes are at the core of your question, have a look here:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Re...ts/PlayingDVDs
    Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.

Beans

Beans

If you want to know how to install "Japanese Games" that require Japanese Fonts with Wine then this Post should help you. It helped me too when I had problems playing Touhou Games. But be sure to be more specific the next Time .

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

if you are working with the games outside of wine, you can find your langague settings under
    System -> Administration -> Language suppport. or in unity, just search for Langague Support.

Beans

I pretty sure you can do this with the wine gui if so how.I installed the fonts. Also is this right way to write the directory /home/family/Downloads/Project/Haruhi

1. Change directories to the game's install directory: Code:
      cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/asgard/Starry\ Sky\ in\ Summer
      Note the "\" before all the spaces in the file names, like between "Program" and "Files", they are required (the terminal can't "see" the space in the file names otherwise). The odd characters in the "Starry Sky" part might be a problem to type. If you simply type "Starry" and then hit the TAB key, it should autocomplete the directory name for you
    2. Run the game's executable: Code:
      wine <appname>.exe
      You will have to figure out what the actual name for the .exe file is. Since I don't have the game and your screenshot did not include the actual files within the "Starry" directory, I can't give you the specifics.
    3. A ton of output should appear in the terminal. Copy that output and post it here. Click on the Edit button in the terminal, Select All, then Copy. Use the forum CODE tags when you post it, it will keep the output readable

Beans

http://www.haruhisuzumiya.net/haruhi....php?f=8&t=990 I am trying to run
    Suzumiya Haruhi no Gyakuten first part. With both patches http://www.cubetype.com/archives/200...me_saiban.html. The text is displaying right but there is black screen when I click on the bottom of the black screen which I think has a quit button there is some sound and it closes
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast