Thread: mp3 file recogniton by Dragon Naturally Speaking 11

Beans

mp3 file recogniton by Dragon Naturally Speaking 11

Hi, all. I recently bought a Sony digital voice recorder. It comes bundled with a "Recorder Edition" of Dragon Naturally Speaking 11. I thought I'd give it a try under Wine 1.2.2. DNS installed without a problem, but when I give it an mp3 file from the recorder, it says "The file must be an existing, supported audio file. Please make sure that you are using an audio device that delivers 11.025 - 99.000 kHz 16-bit mode audio." Under Windows the same file is recognized just fine.

I know that mp3 files have tags and other meta-data embedded within them that can cause compatibility issues. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where the problem could be?

Beans

Re: mp3 file recogniton by Dragon Naturally Speaking 11

Quote Originally Posted by manthony121 View Post
    Hi, all. I recently bought a Sony digital voice recorder. It comes bundled with a "Recorder Edition" of Dragon Naturally Speaking 11. I thought I'd give it a try under Wine 1.2.2. DNS installed without a problem, but when I give it an mp3 file from the recorder, it says "The file must be an existing, supported audio file. Please make sure that you are using an audio device that delivers 11.025 - 99.000 kHz 16-bit mode audio." Under Windows the same file is recognized just fine.

I know that mp3 files have tags and other meta-data embedded within them that can cause compatibility issues. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where the problem could be?
    I think that DNS recorder uses some other windows components like the mediaplayer or other frameworks to process and decode audiofiles.

If anyone has a solution how to get this done with wine, please let me know.