Thread: Backtrack 5 Booting Problem

Hybrid View

Beans

Backtrack 5 Booting Problem

hey guys, i am googling this and not finding any clear answers. I used unetbootin to install BackTrack 5 onto a 4GB flash drive. The boot screen loads but no matter which BackTrack load i choose i get

(initramfs) Can not mount /dev/loop0 (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystem.squashfs

any ideas?

Beans

Re: Backtrack 5 Booting Problem

i checked the md5 hash and it is the same as the one listed so the iso is not bad

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Have you tried it from cd?

Beans

no i have not. i shall try tomorrow. i had wanted to test it out before buying a new thumbdrive and making it persistent. I DO have a random hard drive laying around and a usb adapter i wouldnt mind sticking it on there...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I'm running it on this laptop, installed it from cd. I did have to boot the live cd into safe mode to get it to install. After install I haven't had any problems.

Beans

ok maybe a stupid question, i haven't made a live cd in years, what is a good program to burn the iso? (like how i use unetbootn/universalusbinstaller for usb)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Had the same problem, ended up reformatting my flash drive and starting over with Unetbootin. Worked the second time!

Beans

what size usb did you use? my backtrack didnt work on my 4gb usb drive but it worked when i put it onto an old 30 gb hard drive with unetbootin.

Beans

I am having the same problem with backtrack5 r2 and I tried 5 different usb creators with no results. I will try safemode though.

Beans

when installing unebootin to usb with the iso, I notice every time it freezes on casper\filesystem.squashfs and I too get the same problem as jRdbRR.