Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Digital camera's

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Digital camera's

Hi
    I'm n0000b at digital cameras, I'm looking for simple digital camera, supported by linux, preferablly Monitor to view the shot
    2-3 minutes vshots is a plus
    and I'm only wasting 100$
    any recommendation ?
    Your freedom is worth more than you think. Take advantage of it while you can.
    I take Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Digital camera's

Best/Easiest camera for linux is Canon, and canon is also cheap..

Canon is great for linux, I got to my mom Canon A80 and everything works really well with Ubuntu. =D>

I have been using Olympus (C-750) and Fuji (Z2800) couple of years and never have linux worked right from the box with them (photo autoimport option). (USB option works well.)

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Quote Originally Posted by Tubuntu
    Best/Easiest camera for linux is Canon, and canon is also cheap..

Canon is great for linux, I got to my mom Canon A80 and everything works really well with Ubuntu. =D>

I have been using Olympus (C-750) and Fuji (Z2800) couple of years and never have linux worked right from the box with them (photo autoimport option). (USB option works well.)
    Olympus Fujifilm are all ones to look at.

BTW, if the camera info says it is USB yet includes a USB driver CD?? It probably ain't gonna work, so keep an eye out for that.
    All my cameras (Olympus C3020Z and Fujifilm S7000) have just worked 'out of the box' - plug them in and they're recognized.
    My aunt picked up a cheap (less than $100) camera and it came with a driver CD as I mentioned above. Linux couldn't see it.

Beans

I bought a digital camera before Ubuntu Linux came out, and when I installed it, it still showed up as a 'Removeable Hard Drive' in both linux and windows - the webcam is a different story though

Beans
    Distro

hmm making things more complex to me hehe
    anyone
    most likely I will get
    this http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/product/....asp?pdtno=511
    or http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/product/....asp?pdtno=525
    any idea how to check if it can works?
    I take Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

I plug in my cheap Fuji Finepix A330 and it just shows up on the desktop like a drive and gThumb automatically imports the photies. Nice.

Mine was 130USD w/ a 128mb card.

Beans

Yeah -- right. We bought a cheap digital camera before....what crap.

This Christmas we decided we'd get a new digital camera -- to justify the $400 price tag ( hey, $$ is $$) we said "it's for the Family"

We bought the Panasonic DMZ-FC3. We bought it because it has a Leica lense...and it's coooool, baby.

Oh - you want to know how good the pictures are, and how easy it is to use...and that you can either - point-and-click this baby or manual override everything.

YES. And the pictures are magnificient -- and the 12x (optical) zoom -- Awesome!
    As easy as plugging it into a USB port with either linux or that other OS.

Good Luck.

Beans
    Distro

well it seems I will go with Fuji Finepix A330
    because I couldn't check if Genius camera's works with linux
    I take Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Quote Originally Posted by Jad
    well it seems I will go with Fuji Finepix A330
    because I couldn't check if Genius camera's works with linux
    It's a perfect snapshot camera with a decent lens and good low light capability.

I think you'll be happy. Plus, it's not so expensive that you have to be uber careful with it.

Takes normal AA batteries which is a plus in my opinion.

Beans

Hey all I just got my camera on Christmas its the Fuji finepix A330. I am running on widows xp professional sp2 dx 9c . I get this cam and It works great really cool cam . simple to use . everything is great and it cam with a driver CD as I hear that fuji is nowhere to be seen in terms of getting help or finding a driver for your cam. With that out of the way here comes my problem. I Plug my cam in and my comp picks it up fine. I can set the cam to webcam mode and it works great . My comp picks it up and I can see that its working in a webcam preview box. MSN messanger will let me use it as a webcam so thats cool . But I go to use it on yahoo and yahoo picks it up in the webcam preferances. I select it as the camera it should use. Then I go to start webcam and it tells me that there is no webcam found on my system. And nothing I can do will get it to pick it up on yahoo. Anyone have any ideas? Id be very glad to know if there were some kind of patch driver or update I can use for this problem. Also I looked for drivers to update on the fuji site but I didnt see any maybe someone els would have beter luck. im using the newest yahoo instant messanger 6.0 . Id say whatever and just use MSN but I am not a big msn user and I hate that you have to pay for their chat services now. They were already bad enough as it is . My email is backstabber420@yahoo.com hit me up or ill check back to see what everyones opinion is on this . Thanks again hope you all have better luck than I have .
    Last edited by GEMMA; March 15th, 2005 at 06:22 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast