Thread: POL Sims 3 launches in full screen with GNOME panel at bottom of screen

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Question POL Sims 3 launches in full screen with GNOME panel at bottom of screen

Hi.

I installed Sims 3 in PlayOnLinux for my niece in Linux Mint 11 (the game ran perfectly in full screen). I have since downgraded to Ubuntu 10.04. I use manual partitions so all my settings remain in the home directory. I went to launch Sims 3 in POL and it runs in full screen alright but the GNOME panel is at the bottom.

Can someone help me solve this? At least could someone tell me how to launch it in a window?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Rytron; July 16th, 2011 at 09:36 AM.
    1st Distro used (live CD): Knoppix in early 2007 ¦ 1st Distro Installed: Ubuntu 7.10 in Feb 2008
    GNU/Linux User #470660 – Ubuntu User #28226
    Isaac Asimov: "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."

Beans

Re: POL Sims 3 launches in full screen with GNOME panel at bottom of screen

Make sure you have Compiz Settings Manager installed. Under General Options unselect 'Unredirct Fullscreen Windows'.

Otherwise make sure you run the game at the same resolution as your Desktop.

or

Open Configure Wine ===> Graphics and unselect 'Allow window manager to control the windows'.
    Last edited by Artificial Intelligence; July 17th, 2011 at 06:25 AM.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Beans

Re: POL Sims 3 launches in full screen with GNOME panel at bottom of screen

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    Make sure you have Compiz Settings Manager installed. Under General Options unselect 'Unredirct Fullscreen Windows'.

or

Open Configure Wine ===> Graphics and unselect 'Allow window manager to control the windows'.
    Wow, Thanks. I used to just Hide the panel while gaming.
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Smile Re: POL Sims 3 launches in full screen with GNOME panel at bottom of screen

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post

or

Thank you very much AI. Your solutions work like a charm.
    1st Distro used (live CD): Knoppix in early 2007 ¦ 1st Distro Installed: Ubuntu 7.10 in Feb 2008
    GNU/Linux User #470660 – Ubuntu User #28226
    Isaac Asimov: "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."