Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: gnome 3 on debian??

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Beans
    54

    Smile gnome 3 on debian??

    whats the status of gnome 3 on debian.i heard that it was on experimental about a month ago.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: gnome 3 on debian??

    I hear it's available on debian sid.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    4,324

    Re: gnome 3 on debian??

    Here is a perfect link for your question:
    http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-3.0-status.html

    Gnome-Shell is only up-to-date in experimental though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Beans
    5,814
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: gnome 3 on debian??

    wait 6 years, lol
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    4,324

    Re: gnome 3 on debian??

    I am quite sure Debian is on a 2 year release cycle. lol.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    new york state
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: gnome 3 on debian??

    Quote Originally Posted by NightwishFan View Post
    I am quite sure Debian is on a 2 year release cycle. lol.
    I just have to say that I am not sure that they are either nice signature
    Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    4,324

    Re: gnome 3 on debian??

    Quote Originally Posted by josephmills View Post
    I just have to say that I am not sure that they are either nice signature
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    For Debian 6.0 (squeeze) a new policy of time-based development freezes on a two-year cycle was announced.
    Can't wait for Debian 7 with Gnome 3.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Rockport, TX
    Beans
    2,298
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: gnome 3 on debian??

    It is scattered between experimental & unstable for the most part but it can be done.

    I've installed it to LMDE & aptosid, so far the best candidate is LMDE.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Rockport, TX
    Beans
    2,298
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: gnome 3 on debian??

    Quote Originally Posted by cbowman57 View Post
    It is scattered between experimental & unstable for the most part but it can be done.

    I've installed it to LMDE & aptosid, so far the best candidate is LMDE.
    Well I have to update my comment above, just installed nothing but Gnome 3.0 using Debian net install & that recipe works the best. This might be the one I stick with. After using nothing but gnome shell for the past few months I can't stand to use anything else.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    4,324

    Re: gnome 3 on debian??

    Quote Originally Posted by cbowman57 View Post
    Well I have to update my comment above, just installed nothing but Gnome 3.0 using Debian net install & that recipe works the best. This might be the one I stick with. After using nothing but gnome shell for the past few months I can't stand to use anything else.
    Yeah. It is pretty awesome. I wish that jhbuild would work but it requires too new libs for Debian Stable. I decided not to use testing/unstable so I am stuck without the Gnome Shell until Wheezy is released.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •