Thread: Another Halo thread...

Beans

Another Halo thread...

Okay I looked through a couple of the old Halo threads but I couldn't find the problem I was having. Every time I try to set the properties to executable on the setup.exe I get a prompt that says cannot be changed is a read only file... I'm REALLY SORRY I've read a few of the halo threads and they aren't popular here >.<

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Another Halo thread...

Hello

The file that you are trying to make executable; was that on a CDROM or DVD?

Are you trying to run the file within wine? or crossovergames?

If you can give a little more information I might be able to point you in the right direction.
    Don't sweat it - it's not real life, it's just ones and zeros (spaf)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit1983 View Post
    Hello

The file that you are trying to make executable; was that on a CDROM or DVD?

Are you trying to run the file within wine? or crossovergames?

If you can give a little more information I might be able to point you in the right direction.
    It is a CD-Rom i believe and I'm trying to use wine but because the disc wont let me add the executable properties to it I can't actually open it with wine...
    Edit: it's a DVD-rom >.> it's too large to be a cd-rom
    Edit: it doesn't actually say on the thing im jsut assuming it's a DVD given how large the game is...
    Last edited by J3WD4Z; July 16th, 2011 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Error in message

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thread moved to Wine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hello

The reason you can't add executable permissions to the file is because you cannot alter the disc. However this isn't a problem.

Bring up a terminal and cd to the folder that contains the executable you want to run under wine. It is usually mounted under /media.

once you are in the correct directory then issue the command:
    wine <<executable file>>

this will run wine passing it the name of the executable which wine will then start to run.

I hope this helps
    Don't sweat it - it's not real life, it's just ones and zeros (spaf)

Beans

Okay so i added the MFC42.dll to the folder reccomended in this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=655352 but it still say cannot load pidgen.dll into the ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 i got the dll from my windows 98 SE disc that i had lying around in my stuff and nothing happened...