Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Install Canon Pixma mx410 wireless printer

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Install Canon Pixma mx410 wireless printer

I've installed these drivers without issue previously but now these directions don't seem to work.

PHP Code:
    kevin@Serenity ~/Downloads/Canon/Printer/cnijfilter-mx410series-3.50-1-deb sudo ./install.sh
    sudo
    : ./install.shcommand not found 
    Any help would be appreciated! I've been distro hopping and partially restored my configuration from a /home backup. Is it possible that the drivers are there (though aren't visible in Printing) and conflicting with the install script?
    Last edited by Kevin108; December 28th, 2011 at 04:14 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I suppose in your case there may be a problem because of the restore. I know that I had to completely uninstall my other Canon printer (Pixma 350) to get this one to install correctly.

I'm no Ubuntu guru by any means - still new at this - but here's some ideas:
    1. You may need to look at some uninstall techniques for your 410 drivers like I posted for my Pixma 350
    earlier in this how to (but I'm not sure how it would apply to the 410) then reinstall.

2. Just in case, you opened up the cnijfilter-mx410series-3.50-1-deb folder in your printer folder and saw the install.sh file there right? If not, you should just get it back by running the untar command on the original tar.gz

good luck

Beans

I wiped the drive and reinstalled. Decompressed the files from the archive and took the extra step of naming the directory something simple and placing it in /home/kevin

kevin@Serenity ~/printer $ ls
    install.sh packages resources
    kevin@Serenity ~/printer $ sudo ./install.sh
    [sudo] password for kevin:
    sudo: ./install.sh: command not found
    kevin@Serenity ~/printer $
    Last edited by Kevin108; December 28th, 2011 at 05:56 AM.

Beans

Just had a thought. I had copied the decompressed files to an NTFS partition and back to my EXT4 so I've totally lost the various permissions. I'm going to download the drivers again to restore the permissions (as I know OF chmod but don't know the numbers off the top of my head) and I believe that will take care things. Reporting back in a few.

Worked perfectly. Sorry for being a noob and wasting your time. I'm learning though. Thank you for your help and the excellent write-up!
    Last edited by Kevin108; December 28th, 2011 at 06:21 AM.

Beans

Hey Folks,
    Maybe someone could help me?
    I'm stuck with my Canon MX410 wireless all-in-one. I'm all set with printer but I have a problem with scanner. I downloaded scanner driver 1.70 and successfully installed it as I did with printer. The problem is when I try to scan a document. It failed to find PC. Well scanning is very important for me ... so please help if you could. Maybe driver 1.70 is not good ? or something else ... I tried to install driver again and again and every time it succeed but failed to redirect to PC. I'm just confused why it works with printer but does not with scanner.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Beans

Thanks for this! I got a Cannon Pixma mx495 on sale at Office Depot and was confused as to why I couldn't change the Print Quality on it while I was able to easily do it on the Network Shared wired HP printer hooked up to my Windows PC. Duplicating the Printer and Modifying the ppd as prescribed is a nice workaround. Not as convenient as having the option to change at print time(as I was able to on the HP) but good enough.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by susja View Post
    Hey Folks,
    Maybe someone could help me?
    I'm stuck with my Canon MX410 wireless all-in-one. I'm all set with printer but I have a problem with scanner. I downloaded scanner driver 1.70 and successfully installed it as I did with printer. The problem is when I try to scan a document. It failed to find PC. Well scanning is very important for me ... so please help if you could. Maybe driver 1.70 is not good ? or something else ... I tried to install driver again and again and every time it succeed but failed to redirect to PC. I'm just confused why it works with printer but does not with scanner.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Maybe your trying to scan with wireless? You cannot scan wireless (wirelessly?) with linux and this printer. You will have to be connected through a usb port to scan. If that's not the problem you may need to do a complete reinstall following the instructions because I have had no problems with the scanner through usb. Scangear can be a bit tricky of a program to use and that could be another source of your problem - I think it needed a workaround before but I'm not sure if it still needs it. However, simple scan in the ubuntu repos should work fine with this scanner - once you are installed properly and again NO wireless option with this pixma and ubuntu.
    Last edited by texla; February 17th, 2012 at 12:26 AM.

Beans

hi folks,
    just noticed this thread and speculation about being able to scan wordlessly and etc.
    Just wanted to let you know that I was able to connect my MX410 wirelessly to my router and print and scan.
    Regards,
    susja

Beans
    Distro

That's great! So you got the scanner to work with wireless after all. How?

Beans

well ... I think I didn't do anything special. Just installed scan driver and then started scangear on my PC. First time I failed because I expected that I could just scan from printer and it'll recognize my PC but after that I realized that process should start from PC / scangear. Then it recognizes my scanner and I'm all set.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast