Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10.10 Compiz & Cario Dock

Beans

Wink Re: 10.10 Compiz & Cario Dock

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Hi, not quite sure of your point because I am saying yes to the fact that he can use docky and the cube and effects in unity not just classic and the only reason I mentioned classic at all is because compiz has issues, for him to have compiz work properly it will require some tweaking.

I did not want him to think that he could just install ubuntu 11.04 and everything would be easy in classic or unity.

I was not just trying to restate what you had already said about classic I was adding to it. I want him to know that docky works in unity. I also what to state while you can have docky in unity you can not remove the side launcher it has to be set to hide.

I am sorry if you thought I was just restating what you had already written, I realize that I could have explained better in my first post, I just get in a hurry sometimes helping so many people.
    No offense taken at all! I obviously mis-read what you had said - *please* keep up the good work and forgive me for something I shouldn't have said!

Dave

Beans

Re: 10.10 Compiz & Cario Dock

To the OP - nothing is as bad as it may sound - most of these things can be taken care of quite easily. I posted a reply earlier that I shouldn't have, and I apologize for that. In the mean time I think I'll bow out not so gracefully and let wildmanne39 continue to help you. It usually works better to have just one person really helping you so you don't get confused, and I'm afraid I might end up muddying the water again.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12