Thread: S-Video out on ATI radeon x1600 display trouble!

Beans

S-Video out on ATI radeon x1600 display trouble!

i've just fallen into a projector, using my s-video out on my card, it will display when i boot up, it will show bios, but cuts out when ubuntu loads...

im using ubuntu video drivers, i was told there is no other driver available for my card... but if this is not true i would like to know, because i still am having trouble getting counter-strike, portal, gmod, sc2, and a bunch of other games working...

when i reboot my main monitor (running vga because my dvi cord is no good and i can't find another right now, and refuse to pay a 300-700% mark-up on something i can find for next to nothing...) both displays light up, but then they both go out, and my main monitor reads "display not supported" after i hook up the s-video

display properties do not detect it, i was reading about xrandr, but im scared to put in code and lose my display-ability...

i really really want to be able to watch stuff on this projector, it projects an 11ft image, and its quite nice, and i found it in an alley!

sorry, im a nub please halp...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: S-Video out on ATI radeon x1600 display trouble!

Sorry ... you were told right. The open-source drivers you are using are the only ones available now for this card. AMD dropped Linux driver support for this card years ago.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.