Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11.04 - Mouse randomly stops working inside applications

Beans

Re: 11.04 - Mouse randomly stops working inside applications

I too am having this issue on my desktop. I tried upgrading from 11.04 to 11.10 and have the same issue. Restarting X causes the issue to go away for a little while but it does come back. Reinstalling unity from the command line and starting x will keep the problem from happening until the next system reboot. I have noticed it does happen more often when I launch the file browser and the problem happens in Unity, Gnome Classic, and Gnome 3.0.

Beans

I have the same thing on both 11.04 and 11.10, but *not* on Xubuntu, if that results in any ideas for anyone.

For me I find that a alt+f2 then r seems to fix it. Practically a reboot though, depending on what you had running.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I have the problem when in Firefox. Closing FF and re-opening fixes it for a while. I use Nautilus all day long. It is only happening on a Toshiba laptop with touch pad.

Beans

Any update on this? I'm having the exact same problem, 11.10 x64 logitech mx1000.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I am having a similar problem.
    ubuntu 11.04 64 bit. A4tech mouse stops responding to left clicks.

Beans

I also have a similar issue. Real quick my setup is:

Ubuntu 11.10 x64 on an HP Touchsmart tm2t-2050ca

My keyboard is completely usable, when my mouse goes out only the right click is recognized (along with moving the mouse around). I noticed if I held down the windows key and pressed the number corresponding to the application, they recognize me highlighting different things with the mouse (for example the close 'x' button or clicking a link in Google) but left click doesn't work.

This first started happening after I installed Virtualbox (the most recent one NOT from the software center). I noticed that using seamless mode in virtualbox made the problem appear more quickly. Upon rebooting my computer and NOT using virtualbox the problem happened again.

Most times logging out and logging back on works but other times it doesn't. I also have a stylus that is recognized as input and the same thing happens with it. Sometimes the stylus isn't being recognized either.

Should someone file a bug or? Is there something we all have in common with our computers? Programs installed, settings, etc?

Beans

I am having this as well. If I cannot sort it out soon I wil have to install Windows!

Beans

I installed 11.10 yesterday and had symptoms of the problem during the installer, after installing, whenever a new window should take focus, alt-tab stops working and the window does not take any notice of my mouse.
    Sometimes the window below it responds, while the window that should does not.
    I would have to unplug my mouse and plug it into the usb again to make it work ( oddly my last mouseclick seems to go through when i do ).

I tried the re-install of 'inputattach': did nothing for me.
    However in one of the threads it suggested restarting metacity. Tried that.. Did not have much luck.

Some threads suggested disabling effects in compiz. Did so, thought it worked, but after i got back from work it was just back to no mouse again.

I try out ubuntu at least once a year, this is by far the worst experience i had with it thus far.
    Normally i can solve most of the fun stuff within a few days, but with no mouse there is nothing fun about it.

Its off until next year. Not the best situation for an OS trying to compete.
    Last edited by pontook; February 27th, 2012 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Typos

Beans

Same problem in 11.10 with a HP G62.

I'm using a USB mouse and can restore the mouse click by simply using the touchpad to go to a text input and then left click on the touchpad to put the cursor in the input field.

Beans

I haven't had this problem in a while but what I have had is my mouse stop clicking. I have a touch screen and what I do is touch the screen and for whatever reason that fixes the clicking issue. Almost as if it was locked on that input or something. Just thought I'd share.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast