Thread: FAQ: Are there Mono packages for Ubuntu?

Beans

FAQ: Are there Mono packages for Ubuntu?

At the momoent mono is not in universe. If you want to use mono you can add tseng's mono-repository to your sources.list.

Add the following lines to your /etc/apt/sources.list

Save the file and run: sudo apt-get update

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Are there Mono packages for Ubuntu?

I'd like to know whether there is a gtk-sharp developer package available for Ubuntu. I installed everything seemingly related to Mono from tseng's repository, but could not compile gtk# apps. I believe a package called "gtk-sharp" and the corresponding dev package is needed?

tanari is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

i installed mono from universe repository, but i still can't compile MUINE player

Code:
    checking for mono >= 0.95... Package mono was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `mono.pc'
    to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
    No package 'mono' found

configure: error: Library requirements (mono >= 0.95) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

Beans

If you just want muine, there is a package already compiled. I think it is with the mono in tsengs

Burgundavia

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundavia
    If you just want muine, there is a package already compiled. I think it is with the mono in tsengs
    Sure, but what do you do if you want to compile other apps, or even do some Mono development yourself?

From the Wiki I worked out that I should be able to do:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get build-dep tomboy
    but it can't find libmono-dev in any of my repositories. I added universe to my respositories and tried the build-dep again, and it's currently downloading lots of stuff.

Not sure if this was the right thing to do though...
    Last edited by graham; October 26th, 2004 at 09:07 PM.
    Graham

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Yes. You do need gtk-sharp, but I couldn't find it in universe... I think you can find links to it from the mono homepage.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Yes... Here in fact :

http://mono-project.com/downloads/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tanari View Post
    i installed mono from universe repository, but i still can't compile MUINE player

Code:
    checking for mono >= 0.95... Package mono was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `mono.pc'
    to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
    No package 'mono' found

configure: error: Library requirements (mono >= 0.95) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

Thought the thread is very old, it could be helpful for somebody to know that you need the 'libmono-dev' package to get that 'mono.pc' file in order for the 'pkg-config' to "find" the mono package during configuration

Beans

Smile Re: Are there Mono packages for Ubuntu?

Quote Originally Posted by andrey_hey View Post
    Thought the thread is very old, it could be helpful for somebody to know that you need the 'libmono-dev' package to get that 'mono.pc' file in order for the 'pkg-config' to "find" the mono package during configuration
    Thanks andrey_hey,

I got an error:
    No package 'mono' found
    When trying to compile mono-zeroconf in order to get the latest banshee on my ubuntu 7.10. Installing libmono-dev package ad you pointed out solved the problem

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by andrey_hey View Post
    Thanks for the tip !
    (I know it's an old thread but this was giving me a headache)
    Custom Desktop / CPU: 4x2.40 GHz / Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 / RAM: 4Gb / Ubuntu Lucid (10.04 testing)
    Dell XPS 1710 / CPU: 2x2.16 GHz / Nvidia GeForce Go 7950GTX / RAM: 4Gb / Ubuntu Karmic (9.10)