Thread: My desktop startup icons // applications list not displaying?

Beans

My desktop startup icons // applications list not displaying?

Hello,
    I was testing with "Compiz rotate cube" in my Ubuntu machine. Changed some settings by disabling "desktop cube". Something had changed in the mean time.

Now i could able to login. Only blank desktop wall paper i could able to see. No applications list, startup icons displaying.

If i press Ctrl + Alt + F = Folder view is displaying, i could able to view my files.

If i press Ctrl + Alt + F1 = Could able to go to Terminal window and able to do all sort of commands.

Could you pls suggest anyone to revert to my original settings so that i will getback my icons / applications list in my desktop.

Thanks

-Manicks

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: My desktop startup icons // applications list not displaying?

If you are running Natty 11.04 with Unity, please see this troubleshooting guide:
    http://ubuntu4beginners.blogspot.com...-in-unity.html

Greetings.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: My desktop startup icons // applications list not displaying?

Quote Originally Posted by manickaselvam View Post
    Hello,
    I was testing with "Compiz rotate cube" in my Ubuntu machine. Changed some settings by disabling "desktop cube". Something had changed in the mean time.

Now i could able to login. Only blank desktop wall paper i could able to see. No applications list, startup icons displaying.

If i press Ctrl + Alt + F = Folder view is displaying, i could able to view my files.

If i press Ctrl + Alt + F1 = Could able to go to Terminal window and able to do all sort of commands.

Could you pls suggest anyone to revert to my original settings so that i will getback my icons / applications list in my desktop.

Thanks

-Manicks
    Hi, after you reset unity as the post above this described by giving you a link, you can install the cube and effects using this guide that has pictures so it is easy to use.
    http://amazingubuntucube.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by wildmanne39; July 4th, 2011 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Add more text