Thread: Unity launch bar, limiting application previews to current workspace

Beans

Unity launch bar, limiting application previews to current workspace

I've just started using Unity and I realized that the launch bar doesn't do quite what I would like. I tend to use many workspaces each for different purposes and it would be great if application previews could be modified such that instead of showing a preview for every open window on every workspace it only showed previews for windows on the current workspace. Is this possible?

A second tweak I would like (if possible) is to show the previews on mouse over instead of left click. Ideally there would be a short delay just like the Windows 7 launch bar. How would I do that?

Also, is there a specific menu for Unity settings? I could not find one.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Unity launch bar, limiting application previews to current workspace

Quote Originally Posted by exploding5heep View Post
    I've just started using Unity and I realized that the launch bar doesn't do quite what I would like. I tend to use many workspaces each for different purposes and it would be great if application previews could be modified such that instead of showing a preview for every open window on every workspace it only showed previews for windows on the current workspace. Is this possible?

A second tweak I would like (if possible) is to show the previews on mouse over instead of left click. Ideally there would be a short delay just like the Windows 7 launch bar. How would I do that?

Also, is there a specific menu for Unity settings? I could not find one.
    Hi, click on power users guide in my signature and it will give you a lot of options for customizing natty. Also if you would like to make more changes to compiz like the cube or effects you can use this guide with pictures to set it up.
    http://amazingubuntucube.blogspot.com/