Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] LaTeX problems in dapper?

Beans

Re: LaTeX problems in dapper?

Quote Originally Posted by Spie
    move the srcltx.sty to a path which is updated with texhash (i.e. /usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex).
    After this run:
    Code:
    sudo texhash
    And when you run LaTeX now it should be OK.
    This worked for me... Tx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by Spie
    I don't know what you mean by "when the Kile latex editor wants it". Can't you just comment it in your LaTeX source file? Like Mannheim, I don't see the use for it. Kile is just an editor for LaTeX, it doesn't want anything unless you specify it in your source.
    When I work paper in physics, which i'm am studying, there is alot of formulas and mathematics in the things I write in latex. Sometimes it can be difficult to se where in the .tex document the error resides when looking at .dvi file. I my case it is very usefull eventhough you don't see the for it.

Thanks for pointing out that kile is an editor. I was however aware that it is only program and does not "want" things. In the program there is a option called "system check" which does check is the needed requirements for kile is present. See this picture http://www.tjansson.dk/phpAlbum/bill...srcltx.sty.jpg

The reason for this thread was that I could understand why ubuntus tetex packages didn't seem to include srcltx.sty in a way that made kile aware of the latex package. This was default in mandriva - so I was curios.

As for the babel part i did included the same way you did.
    Kind regards
    Thomas Jansson - www.tjansson.dk
    Geek By Nature | Linux By Choice

Beans

I see you're using KDE so no need to use texmaker (like I said in an earlier post). Kile is nice! But slow if using gnome and I don't want to install all those extra kde-packages.

Nevertheless, after installing srcltx I think it is a nice tool, but with recent LaTeX versions you don't need srcltx, like Mannheim said. But if you're using Kile:
    "The LaTeX srcltx package must be loaded before forward and inverse searches will work in Kile. This package can be found on CTAN in the macros/latex/contrib/srcltx directory. In addition, TEX input files must contain the line \usepackage[active]{srcltx} and the Kile embedded viewer, Kdvi, must have an option set: Settings -> DVI Options -> DVI Specials -> Shell Command -> kile %f --line %l." (Source)

And I found this (informative page with nice links):
    "Producing TeX files for inverse search
    There are essentially two ways to produce DVI files which contain inverse search information: you can either use a TeX/LaTeX binary which generates and includes the necessary information automatically, or you can include an extra package which is written in TeX/LaTeX.
    A TeX binary which generates and includes the necessary information automatically is certainly the preferred method of including inverse search information. If you use version 2 or greater of the TeTeX TeX distribution, you can use the 'src-specials' command line option of the tex or latex command, as follows.
    Code:
    tex --src-specials myfile.tex
    or
    Code:
    latex --src-specials myfile.tex
    If you do not have a TeX binary which includes inverse search information natively, copy the files srcltx.sty and srctex.sty to the folder where your TeX file resides (you can do that by pressing the Shift key and left mouse button while the mouse pointer is on a hyperlink.) If you use LaTeX, add the line
    Code:
    \usepackage[active]{srcltx}
    to the preamble of your LaTeX file. If you use plain TeX, the line
    Code:
    \include{srctex}
    will do the trick." (source)

You solved the babel problem already?
    Tried a
    Code:
    sudo texhash
    like Nickle?

Beans

Sorry for slight derail, but you might also consider lyx-qt, and qtconfig to make it look good. I have yet to have any problems iwth lyx-qt on Breezy or Dapper; works fine using Gnome as well as KDE.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nickle View Post
    This worked for me... Tx
    This definitely fixed the problem.

first download srcltx.ins and .dtx to a folder and
    Code:
    tex srcltx.ins
    then move the srcltx.sty file to
    /usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex
    Code:
    sudo cp srcltx.sty /usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex
    run texhash
    Code:
    sudo texhash
    then restart kile, should be totally fixed when you run the system check in kile.
    Linux Hardware Boycott!
    How Many People Have you Converted To Linux?
    HD-DVD code:I cant tell you because I got an infraction for posting it here.

Beans
    Hidden!

I am trying to configure inverse search with Kile in Ubuntu. I have googled the forum and found that the old tex system needs srcltx.sty but for the newer one it only to specify
    latex -src-specials %filename

So this might be a more convenient way to configure than copying srcltx.sty to /usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/

0) Use Synaptic Package to install kile and kdvi

1) In Kile, choose Settings-> Configure Kile -> Build -> Latex -> General
    In Options, change it to :
    --src-specials -interaction=nonstopmode '%source'

2) In Kile, choose Settings-> Configure Kile -> Build -> Latex -> ViewDVI
    In Advanced, choose Run Embedded in Kile for Type. In General it should display "kviewerpart" for Library, "KViewPart" for Library Class, "dvi" for Options

3) In Kdvi, choose Settings-> Configure Kile -> DVI Specials
    Choose Kile for Editor, kile %f --line %l for Shell Command

After this, I am able to compile dvi file and use middle button to do inverse search in Kdvi. And in Kile you can do Forward search.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12