Thread: Virtualbox to Bootcamp

Beans

Virtualbox to Bootcamp

Hello,
    I need help for the past few months I have been using Virtualbox to create and run a virtual machine of Ubuntu on my mac (osx 10.5.8 ). now that i have gotten the hang of ubuntu i would like to switch over from the virtual machine to a full version of ubuntu. Created with a partition on my macs Bootcamp application. i have not done this part yet becuase i was wondering if their was a way to keep my whole virtualbox settings and such while moving over to the new partition? Thanks in Advance.

Voldas

*Edit*
    I just saw a whole section supported for apple users. Not sure if I should've posted this here or their. Sorry for the problem if I made one.
    Last edited by Voldas; July 1st, 2011 at 11:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Virtualbox to Bootcamp

Quote Originally Posted by Voldas View Post
    Hello,
    I need help for the past few months I have been using Virtualbox to create and run a virtual machine of Ubuntu on my mac (osx 10.5.8 ). now that i have gotten the hang of ubuntu i would like to switch over from the virtual machine to a full version of ubuntu. Created with a partition on my macs Bootcamp application. i have not done this part yet becuase i was wondering if their was a way to keep my whole virtualbox settings and such while moving over to the new partition? Thanks in Advance.

Voldas

*Edit*
    I just saw a whole section supported for apple users. Not sure if I should've posted this here or their. Sorry for the problem if I made one.
    Hi. go to http://www.virtualbox.org/
    and click on the forums or community and there is a post that tells how to put your vm on any disk.

Beans

Thank you I would have never found that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Voldas View Post
    Thank you I would have never found that.
    Hi, your welcome that is what we are here for.