Thread: HP Mini 110 becomes slow upon plugging in power cord

Beans

Unhappy HP Mini 110 becomes slow upon plugging in power cord

Hello, my hp mini 110 becomes extremely slow and laggy when i plug in the power cord if i was already running it on battery power.

This seems to happen everytime. It will be running quick (netbook relative) and responsive but then after only connecting the power cord it becomes unbearably slow and glichy.

It stays terribly slow for about 20 min. and then gets a little faster but still laggy and not at its normal after that.

The only way i know how to fix it is to reboot with the power cord plugged in. As long as I run it with the power cord in from the begining or just on battery it is fine.

It seems to me to be some type of hardware issue as it happens in both windows xp and ubunutu 10.10.

Any explanations or ideas to fix it would be great! Thanks you.

Beans

Re: HP Mini 110 becomes slow upon plugging in power cord

Im just going to pretend in my head that its my batteries failing due to age and not a bigger problem. But i truly have no idea.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Did you ever find what was causing this? I have a new dell e5420 and its doing exactly the same thing... 12.04 though.

Beans

Nope, not at all, but since i have been using natty it does not seem to happen anymore.

It was a fresh install that I did, as I was having errors when I tried to just upgrade it through update manager

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have an asus a43e and it is doing the same thing, with 12.04.

Unplugging the cord make it go back to normal performance. Plug it back and performance drops.
    Last edited by lovinglinux; October 3rd, 2012 at 08:46 PM.