Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Google+ Invites Thread.

id take a invite if anyone got any.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

But you won't know anyone on there, which sort of defeats the point of being on a social networking site, surely?
    Well, in the sense that most people only ever join social networking sites via peer pressure, yes. But if + takes off, then you just get to be an early adopter and wait around a bit, and you get to be the one pressuring your friends in the interim.
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Beans

I would quite like an invite if anyone has any spare.

thanks in advanced.
    Desktop:i7 875k|4gb OCZ platinum ddr3 2000|Evga P55 LE mobo|OCZ RevoDrive 50gb|ATI 5850 Black Edition|Silverstone FT02|corsair tx650
    Portable: 13" Macbook Pro 2.8ghz i7 16gb RAM | Asus EEE TF101 | Samsung Galaxy S2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Throne777 View Post
    But you won't know anyone on there, which sort of defeats the point of being on a social networking site, surely?
    I may be mistaking but I think part of the point of + is that you can have different circles of people. So it could be possible to have a group of like "Ubuntu people" with others from this thread in it. Then start making groups for friends, colleagues and family as it gets more popular.

Add me to the beggars list

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I would love to try it out. Never liked facebook and it seems a whole lot better than it. In exchange I think I still have some google wave invites left.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I guess because no one here said he got one to spare it's not gonna happen but I'd like to get one too if some one has a spare invite... (just pm me for mail address we don't want to feed the bots)
    Computer: Dell XPS 8500, 256GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 32GB RAM, GeForce 660 GTX, Ubuntu 13.04 64-Bit
    Smartphone Daily Driver: Samsung Galaxy S III, CyanogenMod 10.2
    Smartphone Experimental: LG Google Nexus 4, Ubuntu Touch (devel channel)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by babybean View Post
    I may be mistaking but I think part of the point of + is that you can have different circles of people. So it could be possible to have a group of like "Ubuntu people" with others from this thread in it. Then start making groups for friends, colleagues and family as it gets more popular.
    Circles seems to be what everyone is talking about but Facebook has had that for years. The only difference is they're called "lists" instead of "circles". You can sort your feed to see only "Ubuntu people" and you can also chose to post a status update to "Ubuntu people" or make an update to everyone except "colleagues." "Hangouts" is really the only thing I see that Facebook can't do.

I suppose it goes to show that Google is better at marketing and possibly making features a bit more obvious. If everyone migrates to Google+, so will I. That's what happened when everyone went from Myspace to Facebook.

Edit: I forgot the OP's request not to discuss this here. Sorry.
    Last edited by CraigPaleo; June 30th, 2011 at 03:31 AM.
    If I wanted vertical space, I would have bought a square monitor.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by CraigPaleo View Post
    I suppose it goes to show that Google is better at marketing and possibly making features a bit more obvious.
    Not with some things, they launched Buzz without really telling anybody they were, or even what it was.

Google+ being invite only gives it the same advantage FB had when it launched. The marketing is good to nobody really enjoys the decisions Facebook makes every time they change something. Many would leave if there was somewhere better to go. Hopefully Google will knock this one out of the park. Sign me up for an invite.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

edit: seems my invites have run out
    Last edited by Primefalcon; June 30th, 2011 at 04:46 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'd like a Google+ Invite, please PM me. Also, if this is as good as it is, I will be dropping facebook. Facebook has too many things that can spam me to heck.
    AMD PII X6 @ 3.63 GHz - 16 GB DDR3 (1600 No OC) - ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    SB X-Fi 2 Sound (8ch) - Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet - Win 8 Pro. x64
    AMD R HD 7950 (SAPPHIRE) - WD CG 500GB - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast