Thread: Empathy not signing in

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Empathy not signing in

Hello,
    My Empathy seems to be sort of broken, it won't sign in (and I can't find any "sign in"-button either).
    Here's a log of error diagnosis.
    I have it in autostart, maybe that's part of the problem?
    Also my Internet connection can be unreliable sometimes, but while Empathy isn't connecting, all the other apps connect perfectly.
    thanks, Ben

Beans

Re: Empathy not signing in

you have to create an account at some protocol provider first before you can use empathy.

aim.com
    hotmail.com
    icq.com

then go to empathy under edit/account, press add. Enter your details and you should be ready to go.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I had an issue in 10.10 that may have been in 10.04 where I could not sign in under my MSN account, but could in my AIM account, if I had not installed an update. I do not remember what that update was.

Is it an MSN account you are trying to log into?

Beans
    Distro

I have accounts with gtalk, facebook, msn and yahoo. I entered all the information and it used to sign in to everything just fine until like 3 days ago.
    I don't know why it suddenly stopped working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I'm experiencing this very same program. I've got my gtalk and AIM accounts on there, but when I start up, I'm automatically online. The script I'm using for StartupApplications is 'empathy -h'

When I look at my buddy list, it appears in a slight tinge of red, and my status is Available.
    Boop.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sochbat View Post
    I'm experiencing this very same program. I've got my gtalk and AIM accounts on there, but when I start up, I'm automatically online. The script I'm using for StartupApplications is 'empathy -h'

When I look at my buddy list, it appears in a slight tinge of red, and my status is Available.
    For the command in Startupapplications, I used just "empathy". What do you need the "-h" for?
    Last edited by bennypr0fane; July 24th, 2011 at 09:53 PM.