Thread: People's computer habits that make you want to slam your head on desks.

Threaded View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

People's computing habits that make you want to slam your head on desks.

I'm sorry if I don't appear civil, but I'm quite frustrated right now so if I can even let it out (and share) it for a bit, I'm fine.

Today, there's still people who don't know what or where e-mails addressed to them come from and they check the whole mail out anyway, and I have seen these people live.

One of them would be my father, whose computer knowledge is your run-of-the-mill the-other-end-of-the-scale in stark contrast to what most people would find knowledgeable; these kind of people.

I've told him quite a few times already: "If you don't know what or where the e-mail comes from, don't bother to even open it. Sent it to the dustbin straight away!"

But nope, he just checks all of them and I get pissed off everytime I see he opens a link in these e-mails and it leads to a website which makes no attempt in hiding the fact that they are pyramid schemes seeking to pull people in. Good thing there isn't a malicious mail... yet, and the PC (running Windows 7) has yet to be bricked thanks to his behaviour.

Don't take me wrong, I have nothing against my father. I just wish he could listen to what I said about freaking SPAM, and I'm quite disappointed my ISP doesn't seem to have spam filters in their mail accounts.

That's my story for now. Let's share yours and others, gentlemen!

Also, moderators, I'm sorry if you find this inappropriate, please take appropriate action straight away if there's a need. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by FlameReaper; June 29th, 2011 at 02:42 AM.