Thread: Abiword Spell Check

Beans

Abiword Spell Check

http://www.verve-fanworks.com/SMF/in...3.0;attach=538

As you can see, I can't make Abiword highlight misspelled words. Am I missing something?

I run Linux Mint 10, Gnome, 32-bit, but I perfer Abiword to Open Office.
    Last edited by Artificial Intelligence; June 28th, 2011 at 04:47 AM. Reason: added prefix

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Abiword Spell Check

Have you installed your AbiWord dictionaries? I haven't had much experiecnce with AbiWord, but I ran into a similar problem with LibreOffice a while back.
    "Ubuntu speaks of the very essence of being human. It is to say, 'My humanity is caught up, is inextricably bound up, in yours.'" - Rev. Dr. Desmond Tutu.

Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] (Here's how)

Beans

That's the thing: I don't know what dictionaries are compatible with Abiword. What dictionary did you use with LibreOffice? And how much faster and less memory intensive is LibreOffice to OpenOffice?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I'm unsure about the resource use of LibreOffice vs OOF, they are pretty similar in appearance and functionality, so I wouldn't say tehre'd be much of a difference. And sorry, but for the life of me I can't remember where I downloaded my dictionary from. I know I had to download twice (once for en-US, then once for en-NZ). But now I think about it, I may have downloaded Dictionaries for OOF, then kept dictionary settings when I switched to Libre.
    "Ubuntu speaks of the very essence of being human. It is to say, 'My humanity is caught up, is inextricably bound up, in yours.'" - Rev. Dr. Desmond Tutu.

Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] (Here's how)

Beans

That's a shame. Mint has a Software Manager app, which is, as I understand it, a moron-proofed Synaptic. I searched for Abiword and Dictionary, but didn't find anything that matches both.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Moved to Other OS/Distro Talk.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Beans