Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: asus 1215b suspend problems with 11.04

Beans

Re: asus 1215b suspend problems with 11.04

I have an ASUS A53E... I had to use a fix that I discovered through rigorous Googling....

This fix worked for me:

ASUS Hibernate/Suspend fix

Something to try I suppose,

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by fragment137 View Post
    I have an ASUS A53E... I had to use a fix that I discovered through rigorous Googling.... This fix worked for me:

ASUS Hibernate/Suspend fix
    The linked-to page suggests creating a script /etc/pm/sleep.d/20_custom-ehci_hcd that unbinds the ehci and xhci USB drivers (via /sys/bus/pci/drivers/{e,x}hci_hcd/) on shutdown, then adds them back on resume.

This did not work for me.
    Last edited by rgm3; December 20th, 2011 at 06:53 PM.

Beans

was battery life/suspend any better with 10.10?

Beans

It's not only ASUS that has this problem

If you google around with "suspend problems Ubuntu" you get pages with similar complaints for HP, Lenovo etc. etc.

I think the problem is so common that a well working laptop is the exception and a refuse-to-wakeup laptop is the rule.
    Time somebody comes out of hibernation at Canonical and solves this problem before version 12.04 comes out. This is embarrasing.

NOTE: my wife uses an Asus EeePC 1215b on which I installed Ubuntu for her (she is a 3 year happy user of Ubuntu). She is so fed-up with this suspend problem that she is now gone back to W'7 and I cannot blame her!

Beans

Ummm... i am.. or was thinking about buying this laptop.
    Should i not? This seems like an annoying problem. But do most laptops have this problem when running ubuntu? I have always used desktop so.. Should i go for the 1215b?

NOTE: my wife uses an Asus EeePC 1215b on which I installed Ubuntu for her (she is a 3 year happy user of Ubuntu). She is so fed-up with this suspend problem that she is now gone back to W'7 and I cannot blame her!
    oh no, i don't want to use w7....! >.<
    Last edited by Spae; February 24th, 2012 at 09:22 AM.

Beans

Post Re: asus 1215b suspend problems with 11.04

Just wanted to say that today I upgraded to kernel 3.4.2 and pm-utils 1.4.1-5 on an Archlinux setup on an asus 1215b. This seemed to have solved the suspend problem. Since the upgrade I've done about 20 suspends and it has worked every time (earlier I had the exact same problem as i had with my previous Ubuntu installation, suspend causes the screen to go black with fans on and then hang).
    A problem that remains is that if I suspend and wake and after that turn off the computer it will not start without removing the battery. That is what happend earlier when you restarted after a hangup when you tried to suspend.

Beans

Does anyone know when this kernel will be made available to either a ppa or the general repositories for Ubuntu? I do not trust myself to compile the kernel directly and I have the exact problem described here. If I cant fix the issue I'm going to have to stick with Windows for the time being.

I'm using an ASUS a53z laptop.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by aelg View Post
    Just wanted to say that today I upgraded to kernel 3.4.2 and pm-utils 1.4.1-5 on an Archlinux setup on an asus 1215b. This seemed to have solved the suspend problem.
    The latest kernel in Ubuntu 12.04 is 3.2 and Suspend still does NOT work. I am using a ASUS 1215B with Radeon 6320.
    RYKEL™ | Google+ OR Skype Name: rykellim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123