Thread: Mic in Skype only works for Ubuntu.

Beans

Mic in Skype only works for Ubuntu.

For some reason, my mic in Skype only works ib Ubuntu, and no other distro.
    Any ideas why?
    Last edited by XsheepX; June 25th, 2011 at 06:11 PM.

Beans

Re: Mic in Skype only works for Ubuntu.

I have been having all kinds of problems with Skype in Ubuntu 11.04 but I managed a work around and it seems to be doing ok, but I still need a little help.

for sound, click on your system settings. (if you click like you are about to log out or restart, at the bottom of the context menu, system settings is there...)

Go into your system settings / sounds. there you will be able to configure what sound output device and what input device you'll be using. I am using pulse audio and found out that the volume level wasn't up high enough. After that it worked.

I don't know if this will help your situation, but I hope it gives some direction.

To get my video working in Skype, I had to install video 4 linux control panel, after that, when I launch it from system settings, under view or options, there is a place that says configure preview. The setting showed mplayer and I switched that to Skype. Then switch the device to your camera...

When I click preview, it launches skype and the video works. If I close the control panel, the video no longer works with skype. So that's where I need more help.

Does anyone know how to edit any configuration file so skype will work without the control panel running?

I am using a Logitech Quickcam deluxe, it says it isn't compatible but I now have it working.
    Last edited by hman1169; June 25th, 2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: mistakes