Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nyancat Auto twitter VERY IMPORATANT!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Nyancat Auto twitter VERY IMPORATANT!!

Lol, Ok, maybe not very important.
    I "wrote" an Imacro script which I can have loop up to 10000 times, which tweets my nyan-cat runtime every hour (or what ever).
    Code:
    VERSION BUILD=7220523 RECORDER=FX
    TAB T=1
    TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Tweet<SP>Your<SP>Score
    TAB T=2
    FRAME F=0
    TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:update-form ATTR=VALUE:Tweet
    TAB T=2
    TAB CLOSE
    WAIT SECONDS=3600
    TAB T=1
    So, that works fine when the nyan-cat page has been loaded. What I want to do is have it loop every hour to infinity. What I tried to do in a bash script, was to load the nyan cat page and the macro. but when I do the macro only comes up as text.
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    firefox 'http://nyan.cat/' '/home/user/iMacros/Macros/NyanCAT!.iim'
    read
    when I include a bit to have the macro pre-load the web-page, the page refreshes, and kills my high score.

Anyone have some ideas how I can indefinitely run / tweet my nyan-cat scores?
    ~Conradin~

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Nyancat Auto twitter VERY IMPORATANT!!

Look here, Section "Command Line Support" - appearently you will need to start firefox first, wait a bit and then direct firefox to your macro. Then your bash script might work.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

You gave me an idea, for which I have no use for at this time but it would be fun to see if I could get it to work.
    I could make a twitter account, set it to private, and then have my computer tweet my IP address every so often. If I ever needed to do a remote connection, I would have the IP address.

(I have several variations of this idea as it is, but just to do it for fun)

Beans

Beans

This has to be the most ridiculous subject line I've ever seen.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by SoFl W View Post
    You gave me an idea, for which I have no use for at this time but it would be fun to see if I could get it to work.
    I could make a twitter account, set it to private, and then have my computer tweet my IP address every so often. If I ever needed to do a remote connection, I would have the IP address.

The normal solution is to use a dynamic DNS service.
    Website | Blog | The Arch Hurd Project

If you want to ask about something I posted, send a PM, as I don't watch many threads

Beans

But, we are on the programming talk forum of a linux distribution, who here is actualy normal?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
    Look here, Section "Command Line Support" - appearently you will need to start firefox first, wait a bit and then direct firefox to your macro. Then your bash script might work.
    I Think thats how I'm going to do it. Just exhausted right now.

I'm glad when ever my non-sense can produce usefulness. Who would have thought anything useful would ever come out of Twitter?
    ~Conradin~

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    I'm glad when ever my non-sense can produce usefulness. Who would have thought anything useful would ever come out of Twitter?
    The good is from Nyancat, the breakfast snack cat, she who leaves rainbows in her wake and nyans amongst the interwebz' stars. Twitter's just there by association.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by SoFl W View Post

Why in the world would you keep tweeting the same ip address over and over. Why not just save the ip to your VNC/RDP client or in a text file... I'm lost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast