Thread: Netgear WNDA3100v2 won't connect to a secured networks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Netgear WNDA3100v2 won't connect to a secured networks

Hey, I'm having some problem getting my Netgear WNDA3100v2 wireless USB adapter to connect to my secured network. I have installed the drivers successfully using ndiswrapper and have disabled the default drivers. If I try to connect to an unsecured network, it works perfectly; however, any kind of secured network (I tried WEP, WPA, and WPA2) doesn't seem to work.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 32bit. Router is Netgear WNDR3400.

If anyone can help out at all it would be great.
    Last edited by Nocaix; April 4th, 2011 at 12:04 AM.

Beans

Re: Netgear WNDA3100v2 won't connect to a secured networks

Same problem here... Driving me nuts.

Beans

Having a similar problem here. I installed 10.04, the wnda3100v2 adapter did not work at all. Then installed the windows drivers packages with sys and ini file, still no dice. I then did an upgrade to 11.04, now the adapter works. But will not connect to the wndr3400 with wpa. Oddly enough it will connect to the routers guest network, but does not resolve any ip addresses. And it does connect to the Verizon fios wireless g router in my basement, and the buffalo draft nrouter on the opposite side of the house, which are both weak signals to the 2nd floor. Stumped.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Nocaix View Post
    Hey, I'm having some problem getting my Netgear WNDA3100v2 wireless USB adapter to connect to my secured network. I have installed the drivers successfully using ndiswrapper and have disabled the default drivers. If I try to connect to an unsecured network, it works perfectly; however, any kind of secured network (I tried WEP, WPA, and WPA2) doesn't seem to work.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 32bit. Router is Netgear WNDR3400.

If anyone can help out at all it would be great.
    If I remember correctly, the tech I called said to logon to www.routerlogin.net, go to Backup Settings, and hit "Revert to factory default settings" and start over before trying to make changes.

Also, is ceni available in ubuntu repos? I use with a true Debian distro and it works very well.

Could not get this router to work wireless with Win7 on Mom's PC, but works fine with antiX and ceni scans it in no problem.
    Nonsense is an assertion of man's spiritual freedom in spite of all the oppressions of circumstance-- Aldous Huxley
    The real power of Linux lies in the command line

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hello @all,

Broadcom-Chip-based USB-devices dont work with native Linux-drivers. They have to be used with ndiswrapper. Driver for 32 and 64 bit attached.

See here. Its the driver from that link.

Edit: Draft-N doesn't work
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by praseodym; August 23rd, 2011 at 11:47 AM.