Thread: Miro 4.0 Fails to Quit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Miro 4.0 Fails to Quit

Miro 4.0 -- available via the PCF Launchpad repository -- fails to end when the application is quit, and a process called miro.real remains running in the background hogging up memory and slogging down other applications.

I've been searching these forums and at getsatisfaction (what Miro uses for bug reports), and can't seem to find anything on this. However, I've seen the same behavior on three machines running the following:

Ubuntu 10.10 (64bit)
    Ubuntu 11.04 (64bit - clean install)
    Lubuntu 11.04 (32bit - clean install)

So something tells me it's not the installations or the hardware, it's something to do with the way Miro 4.0 is implemented on Ubuntu.

I tried Miro 4.0 for the new features, but can't seem to figure out this one bit of weirdness. Has anyone else experienced similar issues, and if so, does anyone have the magic key to fix it, or should I just roll back to 3.5.1?

EDIT

Quick note: This miro.real issue doesn't occur with version 3.5.1 -- and I've also submitted this issue over at getsatisfaction.
    Last edited by wyth; June 24th, 2011 at 09:56 PM.
    Lenovo Y510 | Ubuntu 14.04 | 1.6 GHz Pentium Dual T2330 | 4 gig RAM | Intel X3100 gfx | 250GB 5400 RPM hard drive.

Gunga galunga...gunga- gunga lagunga.