Thread: Asus 1001HA problem

Beans

Exclamation Asus 1001HA problem

i've installed my netbook with ubuntu 11.04. later, i am unable to shut down my netbook. when it click on shut down it freezes the computer. i've tried re-installing the system and still encountered the same problem.

Beans

Re: Asus 1001HA problem

Try installing the Asus acpi scripts using:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install eeepc-acpi-scripts
    When I did this my Eee PC had better power management, so this may be the option for you.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kiddfroster View Post
    Try installing the Asus acpi scripts using:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install eeepc-acpi-scripts
    When I did this my Eee PC had better power management, so this may be the option for you.
    I dont have shutdown issues, but I do have a power saving system which refuses to acknowledge my instruction to NOT dim the screen and not go idle after 3 minutes when on mains power.

Tried your code but all I got was unable to locate package. Will it be somewhere in the canonical repository?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

@thoruntur_6969: have you tried setting the power switch to shutdown. right click on the shutdown symbol upper right corner of screen> system settings> Groups> Hardware> Power Management> general tab. choose shutdown. see if that works.

@kyteflyer: believe those scripts are old school and not needed in 11.04. Could be wrong but my 1001px has everything working, including Fn shortcuts, no major hitches or glitches.
    I have noticed the probs you mentioned. I have been very busy of late so if you have never done it before, now is a good time to file a bug report. Come back with the details and I will add to it after you.
    Last edited by toor58; June 24th, 2011 at 10:56 PM.