Thread: Boot Takes Forever

Beans

Boot Takes Forever

I am having an odd problem with my brand new Pangolin [panp8 model]. Much of the time, meaning most of the time by far, it takes FOREVER to boot. Not to reach the login screen, but just to reach the BIOS screen. Over a minute. When I turn it on, the wireless light illuminates yellow, and the hard disk light blinks, but then it just sits there, with a blank screen, for over a minute sometimes, until the BIOS screen finally appears. I've checked the BIOS settings, reset to default, etc, but no help. The first time this happened was the second time I booted the machine.
    Last edited by rgheck; June 24th, 2011 at 06:02 PM.

Beans

Re: Boot Takes Forever

For anyone else who runs into this problem, I talked to tech support and we reseated all the drives and memory. Didn't seem to help, but it might have. We're now looking at possible memory issues.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Boot Takes Forever

I'm interested to know if you found a resolution to this problem.

I have a panp7 and have a similar issue in that booting takes a very long time.

It takes like 10s for the bios screen to show up, and over 2 minutes for the desktop to be usable.

Not what I expect from a quad core processor with 4gb of ram.

I'll be running memtests, which I've done before on the machine to rule out any memory issues. i'm also experiencing a kernel panic on occasion, which I'm not sure if it is related, but seems possible.