Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lubuntu supported all-in-one deskjets?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Lubuntu supported all-in-one deskjets?

Ok, if you are fed up with HP, I have an Epson Workforce 610. It is a wireless network all in one. (printer/scanner/fax) it has a USB option. When I tired the various versions of 11.4 in virtual boxes, they found it, downloaded the correct drivers and and installed it. Worked like a charm in my virtual machines.
    With my 10.4 install, I manually installed everything, I don't think I tried letting it find everything on its own.

It displays the ink levels if I goto System->Admin-> Printers-> (select printer) -> Properties. There was somewhere else that had a "level" display but that didn't work.

The cost is about (USD) $199.99 from various on-line shops. Last year I got really lucky, I had been looking at it for several days, and I think Amazon made a mistake, listed the wrong price. I picked it up for $99.99. I checked the partner's website and checked the price the next day and it was back up to $199.

Here are parts of a review I wrote up about it:

I would recommend this printer.

When I first got it I thought the warm up time for printer was a little long, but it doesn't bother me now. It could be more of a computer/network/printer communication issue rather than the printer itself.
    The printer is slow on high quality printing but good in standard and draft modes.
    You can scan directly to a PDF and save it on a memory card, it doesn't fax to a pdf.
    The display shows "ringing" when a call comes in, I wish it displayed caller-id.

Do a little research on the printer, if you have any questions I will try to answer. (you might have to PM if I forget about this thread)
    Last edited by SoFl W; June 22nd, 2011 at 12:11 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Unhappy Re: Lubuntu supported all-in-one deskjets?

Hi

Many thanks for the reply. As far as I can tell so far, that printer isn't available in the UK. However, I know that sometimes the same model may just have a different name or number. I shall google further.
    I have been on to HP Technical support today, and they have confirmed that, as far as they can tell, it is a hardware issue, since it won't even print a self-test page in colour, when first switched on after a reset.
    Thanks for all the replies

Nifty

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Smile Re: Lubuntu supported all-in-one deskjets?

Hi, all

Well, a different HP technician, with a totally different attitude, and was able to establish a hardware fault with the Photosmart B109a. However, I would still welcome recommendations for other printers which can report ink levels in Ubuntu/Lubuntu, without resorting to the terminal

Thanks

Nifty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12