Thread: Adjust login screen brightness

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Adjust login screen brightness

Two straight up noob questions really.
    1- When Ubuntu loads up, the initial brightness is set so low the backlight is off. I can turn it up using the hotkey, but was wondering if there's a way to adjust the load up brightness setting so i don't have to do this each time.

2- is there a setting whereby the purple grub OS selection screen can be bypassed to speed up boot time? I already have to pick Win7/Ubuntu immediately at startup then pick Ubuntu again in the grub screen. thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Adjust login screen brightness

bump

Beans

Re: Adjust login screen brightness

Quote Originally Posted by smashweights View Post
    Two straight up noob questions really.
    1- When Ubuntu loads up, the initial brightness is set so low the backlight is off. I can turn it up using the hotkey, but was wondering if there's a way to adjust the load up brightness setting so i don't have to do this each time.
    If you select System > Preferences > Power Management (in 11.04) you can adjust your brightness then press Make Default to have it start with that brightness on the log-in screen. Sorry for bump, but I had the same problem and this thread comes up on Google. Hopefully, this will at least help some future Googler.