Thread: Toshiba laptop screen shrunk

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Toshiba laptop screen shrunk

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, model A105-S4064, and I have been running Ubuntu 11.04 for about 3 months. All of a sudden, the screen on my laptop shrunk. The displayed area covers the entire LCD screen from top to bottom, but on both sides the display is not as wide as the LCD screen. The display is squeezed in on both sides about one inch from the edge of the LCD screen.

As far as I know, I have not changed any settings on the computer. Can anyone tell me how to increase the screen size, back to where covers the whole screen?

Thanks.

JBA2337

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Toshiba laptop screen shrunk

System ->Preferences ->Dispaly and see if you can change the resolution to fit the native screen resolution of your laptop.

I am not sure how you get to that setting in unity, but it must be there somewhere. Is it in the control center which you get from the logout button top right?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Toshiba laptop screen shrunk

In Ubuntu 11.04 there is not a setting "System ->Preferences ->Dispaly".

There is a setting "System > Preferences > Monitors", which shows the resolution of the current selected monitor. I checked my display using this setting, and the resolution was 1024 X 768. I changed it to 1280 x 800 and that fixed the problem. Now my display fills all of the LCD screen.

JBA2337