Thread: Desktop Background Dim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Question Desktop Background Dim

AAO D255, all updates, Ununtu 11.04

My desktop background and folder icons are dim in comparison to the slider and any program I open. I also notice that when I run a program that installs anything that screen dims (gets like this grey opacity I guess) after a period of time. I am plugged into the wall so the laptop is NOT running on battery.

Is there some setting I need to tweak after this latest install? This did NOT occur prior to samesaid.

Screenshot attached and thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Re: Desktop Background Dim

Odd, I powered down and back up again and now the screen is back to normal brightness. Don't know if it's the OS or machine or what. I guess it doesn't matter as it is fixed for the moment.

Beans

I have same trouble on Ubuntu 11.04.
    Somethime desktop dim is just a moment... I'm not instaling anything in this time...
    Sorry for my bad english....

Beans
    Distro

Welcome aboard! I see it's your first bean. Don't worry about your English; it's my native tongue and I still butcher it!

Yeah, I think there is some glitches in the coding somewhere, but as I am not a coder and this is probably really petty I doubt any of the higher ups will ever look into it. I love the OS, though, and maybe one day all the posts everyone makes will be compiled and something will happen?!

Have a good one and welcome to the forum! I learned EVERYTHING I know here and the folks here have been great!