Thread: Xsession unable to launch "Lubuntu" X session ---"Lubuntu" not found; falling back to

Beans

Xsession unable to launch "Lubuntu" X session ---"Lubuntu" not found; falling back to

I get this error when I login Xsession unable to launch "Lubuntu" X session ---"Lubuntu" not found; falling back to default session

press ok then everything works fin how do i fix

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Xsession unable to launch "Lubuntu" X session ---"Lubuntu" not found; falling bac

What version of Lubuntu are you using?
    EasyBCD.
    PrintersDatabase
    Boot Info Script: How to
    The post above and the post below suffer from the Rashomon effect!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Xsession unable to launch "Lubuntu" X session ---"Lubuntu" not found; falling bac

Found this.
    It would appear the common factor is reusing a previous /home folder? Is there any information we can give to help out with this? I have reopened the bug by marking it as confirmed now that it can be reproduced.
    EasyBCD.
    PrintersDatabase
    Boot Info Script: How to
    The post above and the post below suffer from the Rashomon effect!

Beans

This seems like a known bug. Try removing .dmrc from your home directory and rebooting. In other words...

Code:
    rm ~/.dmrc

Beans

jrd261 thank you!
    It works for me!!

I was trying autologin for Lubuntu, but this error deviates to LXDE login... three hours to "understand" and focus in this direction/problem: "the xsession problem with xubuntu"

now I can go to sleep happy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I had the same problem crop up and this worked for me. I had done a re-install but kept my Folder.