Thread: Toshiba Tablet pen drivers corrupt

Beans

Toshiba Tablet pen drivers corrupt

Hey all,

I recently 'upgraded' to Ubuntu from Windows and so far (one week) Im loving it.

However...

About a few hours back, my tablet input pen started acting strange. Whenever I use the pen to navigate the OS, its as if the enter key is permanently pressed. The cursor tries to grab and hold on to whatever I hover my pen over.

I suspect the reason for this is that I connected a Logitech mouse with my laptop (for the first time) and immediately after that the pen started acting this way. The pen only has one button (for right mouse key) and I cannot think of anything else I have done that would have brought this problem up.

My laptop is a Toshiba Portege M400 with Core2Duo, 1GB Ram and was working perfectly fine until a few hours back.

Should I reinstall the drivers for the tablet pen input? If yes, how do I go about doing this?

Cheers,

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Toshiba Tablet pen drivers corrupt

Hi Kayote,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

What release of Ubuntu are you using?

Let's try and diagnose the problem. Enter in a terminal xinput list and post the output.

Beans

Re: Toshiba Tablet pen drivers corrupt

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi Kayote,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

What release of Ubuntu are you using?

Let's try and diagnose the problem. Enter in a terminal xinput list and post the output.
    Thank you for the warm welcome Favux.

The problem turned out to be a hardware one as the pen wasnt working correctly in windows either. A soft whack solved the problem.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and raising my confidence in Ubuntu... to test the pen was the first time in a week I had logged into Windows! Cheers,